Chapter54: hurricane

Chapter 54: The hurricane calls
"What did you do?!" With clenched teeth, she hissed at the man standing in front of her. She had heard his words loud and clear yet she couldn't refrain herself from sobbing even more. Lloyd was dead and she couldn't accept that just yet. It was Garmadon's plan, he's the one who had the guts to plan it. What did he even do? Did he not feel regret for killing his own son? "I said answer me, what did you do?!" Harumi didn't stop until she knew what happened. What makes it worse is that she was trapped down here, Helpless, defenseless. She couldn't save the others nor Lloyd.

However as much as she wanted her response right away, the man didn't give her what she wanted. "I didn't do anything." A useless response was heard from Garmadon. Another thing, he dared answer with a sing-song tone. That only raised more hostility. Did he seriously not care? Did he really not? A look of disbelief flashed over Harumi's face for a second. Then again, this was Garmadon, the heartless and foul beast. "You're a monster." She reminded him. As if that would effect him even more, he already knew and he agreed with it. He thinks that being called a monster was a rewarding title.

"Oh I know, I feel as if you're blowing me compliments. Couldn't you say something more menacing?" Garmadon snickered. It could have been a challenge if he wanted to actually. How harsh could the girl act upon him? It seemed already that she was in denial of everything he said. But, it seems as well that she's slowly taking in the news of Lloyd being dead. Just like how he wanted her too. Their almighty saviour of their thrashed city couldn't save them now. Harumi thought for a second. Just what did he wanted with her now? It was already bad enough that he visited her.

"I would but I realized I shouldn't be wasting my energy on someone like you." The white haired girl spat, deciding to silence herself from now. There was a brief silence before Garmadon broke down into laughter. Harumi pursed her lips, struggling to get away from the man. These chains kept her bound in place. "Are you always this cold? Besides, I wasn't here for insults." The man had claimed. Harumi narrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah, you came down here to rub your crimes in my face." Venom leaked out of her fangs. Here was the man she had served months ago, standing before her, looking triumphant as always.
If she could just cut that smile off his face...

Garmadon walked circles around her. Harumi growled, backing away towards the wall so her back pressed against it. She was guarding her free space-or more so, territory? Unfortunately for her, he had noticed it. "What? Am I a predator? Are you guarding your home? Didn't think you'd feel so homey in a ratchet basement like this." He laughed. Mocking of course, Garmadon was enjoying all of this. Despite saying so little words, he had managed to make a complete fool out of Harumi. Pity that no one was watching. "I don't, no." Harumi responded carefully. When will this conversation end already? "That's a bummer! I thought you'd like this basement!" Garmadon laughed once more. Why did he keep laughing at something as useless as this? Why couldn't he just...let her grief?

Harumi sighed, he enjoyed her humiliation and pain. Perhaps if she acted indifferent to this situation, he would go away. Her heart ached, it hurt too much. "Tell me girl, why do you love that blonde?" Garmadon stepped close towards the white haired individual. Why did she love him? If she named him all the reasons, they would be here all day. She was sure Garmadon couldn't handle all of the good things said about his progeny. "I love Lloyd more than you ever could. He is my everything, he lifted me up from despair and from doubt. He didn't sacrifice me for his own gain, unlike you for the both of us. That's true love, you don't just sacrifice someone just to earn advantages." She spat, true sincerity in her words. But Garmadon wasn't there to listen.

"You are hilarious, for someone who goes by: 'Quiet one' you sure do talk a lot." The dark lord remarked. Harumi rolled her eyes. No, she was no longer the quiet one, never will she dwell on the past. For now, she had to focus on the predicament she was in. It was like she couldn't speak anymore, too numb from the news brought upon her. "Shut up." She demanded, as if power and authority was still with her. Unfortunately not, when it comes to being associated with Garmadon. The man left the room but before he could do so,
"No, why won't you?" He mocked, using Harumi's 'quiet one' alias as the main punch line again. This was a hurricane, a flurry of mixed feelings. And oh man, was Harumi enclosed deep within. "I'll never forgive you. I'll never forget what you did to Lloyd, you monster.." she shut her eyes tightly. "Never." Garmadon's prisoner vowed quietly
~~~~~~~~~~
"Father, what's your definition of love?" A young and bright little girl had asked her father one day. The two sat on the bench of the parks of Ninjago. It was a beautiful day today, outside there weren't any clouds, it was the perfect weather as well. Not too cold, not too warm. Harumi's family loved it when Ninjago was like this. Not backtracking anymore, Harumi's father glanced away from the blue skies and looked down on his daughter, whose eyes were curiously looking up to his. He chuckled.

"What's with the question? Rumi?" Quite amused, her father responded with that. For young kids, it wasn't a question nor topic they would have on their minds. Usually, it would be the following: "Can I have ice cream?" , "Can we go to the park today?" , "Ooh, can you buy me a new toy?" Topics all centered on a child's amusement. The adult world had proved to be cruel, that's a fact. But parents would do anything to spare their children from the surprising truth. Beyond its cheery facade, the world lies within darkness and stress. "Oh nothing! I just want to know! Do you think I'll find someone to love one day?" She wondered, leaning back on the bench a bit. Her father laughed once, such a cute little child she was.

When there was a brief silence between the two, a pout was heard coming from the young girl wearing brown overalls. "Why couldn't mommy come with us? It's so pretty.." she admired the skies. Her father sighed in relief, phew, she's forgotten the topic. At least... "You know exactly why, honey. It's because of work." He responded to her question. Atleast...that's what he thought, they'd be staying on this topic much longer. It didn't take long for Rumi to ask a familiar and undesirable question. "Father, I wanted to ask mommy if I would love someone one day. Will I?" She questioned once again. But this time, this time...

"Of course you will honey. If I managed to find your mother and fall in love with her. Then you'll be able to do the same with whoever you feel you share a good bond with."Her father reassured her. This time, he didn't have to stress about trying to find an answer for his daughter. Harumi's eyes sparkled up. "Really?! I can't wait! Until I understand love completely! I want to love my soulmate, make them feel better when times could have been better." And so she went on. The father couldn't feel anything else but pride that he had such a thoughtful little girl like Rumi. She always cared for others and would give them the world to cheer them up from the pain. "Hah...hah.."

What she didn't know was that love could come in many ways. The bright and cheerful one that most movies portray, where the two characters live happily ever after. Or,
~~~~~~~~
Now being alone in the basement, Harumi brought her forehead to the wall. She sobbed, her hands still in cuffs. By now, there were scratches just on how much she pulled. They certainly wouldn't be pretty when she pulled up her sleeves when she gets out of here. For now, she needed to recollect her emotions and find the strength to continue on. That's...what Lloyd would have wanted right? "Resistance never quits!" That's what he would say. But, just the thought of continuing without him made her feel as if the situation even more unbearable. "Lloyd...how do you move on from heartbreak and melancholy?..." she whispered, fertile tears falling down.

"Love hurts, so so bad..." she continued, sliding down to the ground, finally. Another warning before falling in love. You had to be ready for the potential heartbreak that love would drop you off of. No relationship is perfect even though many would desire their personal ones to be so. But not everything could get what they want. Not even Harumi could wish for Lloyd to return to her. "I love you Lloyd, forever, I promise.."
~~~~~~~
A/N Andddddddddd Garmadon has gone too far! Taunting Harumi about Lloyd's death that's just. Nope, nope I'm out! Anyways, hiya guys! I apologize for the delay of publications! I assure you, I'm doing much better now and I'll have to thank you guys for the support and of course, the patience! I'm impressed, sincerely. What did you guys think of this chapter? Do you think Harumi will be able to move on?(I mean...we all know that she can't move on from Lloyd. She just..can't.) You'll have to find out next time! If you enjoyed, please leave a vote and comment down below your thoughts! Thank you for reading!