Opening The Tomb

"Oh good, you got it." Damon said, getting up. "Let's go."

"Go?" I asked. "Go where?"

"Disney Land." he said sarcastically. "To open the tomb obviously."

"What? Why now?"

"Why not?" he asked. "I'm bored, and I've been waiting for a century and a half for this, so what better time is there?"

"Um, okay then, I'll just go get Anna." I said.

I ran upstairs and knocked on Anna's door.

"Yes?" she asked, opening the door.

"Um, Damon's opening the tomb." I said. "Now."

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

Half an hour later Anna, Damon, and I were standing at the tomb doorway.

"Creep much?" I muttered, looking at the pentagram on the stone door.

"I find it kinda homey." Damon said.

Anna and I looked at him wierdly.

"Kidding!" he said, putting his hands up.

"It would suit you though." I turned my head to the new voice. Lexi and Stefan had arrived.

"Come to join the fun?" Damon asked.

"I was curious." Stefan said.

"I was bored." Lexi said.

"And I came to help." I jumped when Shadow appeared next to me.

"Marni, did you post this on Facebook or something?" Damon asked.

"Oh yeah, because a status saying 'I'm opening a tomb with 27 vampires in it with Damon, the vampire who'spretending to be my brother and a half warlock half vampire aswell.' is going to make me seem completely normal, isn't it?" I said.

"Could happen."

I heard footsteps on the stairs leading up to the surface.

"It smell's really bad in here." I heard a voice say.

"Jeremy?" I asked.

Jeremy stumbled into view and looked around.

"Oh, hey guys, what's happening?" he asked casually.

"We're going to open the tomb." Damon said.

"Jeremy where are you?" I heard Elena's voice ask.

She came into view and paused.

"What's going on?" she asked suspiciously.

"Elena, what are you doing here?" Stefan asked.

"I was following Jeremy," she said. "He walked of into the woods and I went after him."

"I bet you five bucks that Jenna's gunna show up any minute now." Damon said.

"Elena," Stefan said, ignoring Damon. "You shouldn't be here, you could get hurt."

"I want to be here." she said.

"Leave her alone Stefan." Damon said. "If she get's eaten she get's eaten. Big deal. The whole gangs here, and I'm sure she'd feel left out because of your over worrying. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure if you frown any harder, those wrinkles are going to become permanant."

"This isn't funny Damon." Stefan said.

"Well, of course it is, I'm here." Damon said, looking at Stefan as if he was retarded.

Stefan glared at Damon. Damon glared back just as severely.

"I like trains." I said.

Everyone turned and looked at me as if I was mental.

I gave them my best phsycopathic smile in return.

"Right..." Damon said. "Anyway, this has been fun and all, but I'm getting bored so let's open the tomb."

He handed me the crystal. "Good luck."

"Thanks."

I felt a hand grab mine.

It was Shadow. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Like I said, helping."

"I don't need help." I said.

"You may be a powerful witch, but this is a very powerful spell, and you're going to need all the help you can get." he said.

"RIghto."

We stood in the middle of the room and joined hands, the crystal in between.

I didn't miss the jealousy on Jeremy's face when we did this. I gave him a big smile, and that seemed to brighten his mood.

"Okay, let's do this." I said.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I started muttering things that sounded like an ancient language. I didn't even try to say them, they just came out. Shadow was muttering the same things as me. I started to grow tired, but I tried to shake it off. I then started to feel exhausted, and my knee's started to give way a little.

"You don't have to do this Marni." I heard Damon's worried voice say.

I shook my head and continued chanting.

Finally I heard a loud crack, and I opened my eyes. The door was open.

I remember looking at Damon's face, and seeing the worry/proudness in his eyes.

And then I collapsed.