Throwing Paper At Harold

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight!" Caroline counted as we ran through the routine.

Caroline was still forcing me to do cheerleading, much to my annoyance, but I guess it wasn't too bad. The routine was fairly simple, nothing like what you saw in movies like Bring It On. I was placed between Elena and a girl named Dana.

I had to give Caroline credit, I really didn't think she'd manage this long. She'd kept Damon and I a secret for over three weeks.

"Alright people!" Caroline called. "Good work, we'll continue tomorrow!"

 With a sigh, I grabbed a water bottle and sat down next to Elena. Caroline and Bonnie joined us, and Caroline looked at me.

"Do you know what you want?" she asked.

"Come again?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

"For your birthday," Elena frowned.

"Ugh, is it that time of year already?" I groaned.

"Should you be excited? It's not every day that you turn... How old are you?" Bonnie asked.

"Technically I'm a hundred and sixty-two," I shrugged. "But to everyone else, I'm turning sixteen."

"So, what do you want?" Caroline asked.

"Shane Dawson," I answered immediately.

"Um..."

"I dunno, surprise me. I hate knowing what I'm getting."

"But that makes it so much harder!" Caroline complained. She looked as if an idea struck her, and I already knew what she was going to ask.

"Yes, Caroline, you can plan a party for me," I sighed.

"Yay!" she squeeled. She started to prattle on about details. "It'll definitely have to be at yours, because your place is huge..."

I laughed. "Caroline, chill, my birthday's not for another three weeks."

"And that is exactly why we should start planning now!" she insisted.

"You know what would really make my year?" I began. "If you managed to sneek past Klaus and undagger Elijah."

"Do you ever think Klaus will undagger him?" Elena asked.

Bonnie scoffed. "I'd doubt it. Klaus only cares about himself."

"That's not necessarily true," I argued. "If I've learnt anything about Klaus, it's that he values family more than anything."

"Then why are they all in boxes?"

"Because Klaus has serious social issues," I stated. I thought about it. "His relationship with his siblings is a bit like Damon and Stefan's. There have been times where I was sure Damon was going to kill Stefan, but as soon as someone else threatened him, Damon would rip their heart out."

"Elijah didn't seem like that when he planned on killing Klaus," Elena stated.

"Elijah... has his reasons. All I'm trying to say is, you shouldn't be so quick to judge. Klaus is over a thousand years old, and you can't base his personality just on what you've seen this year," I shrugged. "In the eight months that I was with him, I saw a side to Klaus I never imagined he'd have. He's actually an alright guy." I frowned. "When he's not hell bent on ruining your life. Or playing Angry Birds. I'm surprised he hasn't smashed his phone yet."

"Wait," Caroline laughed. "Klaus plays Angry Birds?"

"Yep," I grinned. "I got him addicted."