Sniffing Random Peoples Hair

"Merry Labor Day," I said with a grin when Jeremy opened the door. Damon raised an eyebrow at me before nodding to Jeremy and walking inside.

"The fact that you're not in a mental hospital shocks me," Jeremy said.

"Oh I was, but they put this weird jacket thingy on me when it wasn't cold, so I took it off and ran away," I said.

Jeremy laughed.

"I'm not kidding," I said seriously.

"And that's what worries me," he sighed.

I grinned again and walked inside. Stefan, Elena and Caroline were sitting in the living room and I could see Damon, Alaric and Jenna in the kitchen. Bonnie couldn't make it because she was having a family dinner of her own, and Caroline's mom was working so Elena invited her.

"Morning guys," I said, although it was clearly night time.

"Hey," they all said simultaneously.

"I brang presents!" I said, lifting up the bag I was carrying.

"Yay!" Caroline cheered. "Present time!"

"Okay, first I'll do Stefan's, because he's been waiting all day," I said. I looked at Stefan and Elena. "Your presents are joined, because I couldn't think of anything else."

I held out an envelope and Elena took it from my hand. She ripped it open and looked inside. Her eyes widened as she realised what it was.

"What is it?" Caroline asked.

"These are tickets... to Paris," Elena said slowly.

"I have a villa there, it's really pretty," I said. "I figured you and Stefan could get away for a few days."

Elena laughed in disbelief and looked up at me. "You're kidding,"

"Yes," I said sarcastically. "I just got bought you tickets to Paris so I could say you were going, but I'm not actually going to let you use them."

"I don't know what to say," she said.

"Thank you would be fine," I shrugged.

"Thank you," she said, before hugging me so hard I couldn't breathe.

"Alright," I gasped. "You can let go now."

She laughed and let me go.

"Excuse me while I go rearrange my internal organs," I muttered. I looked up at Stefan and grinned. "So? Did I do good?"

"Yes, thank you," he said, hugging me. Even though he was the vampire and Elena was the human, Stefan's hug was a lot softer.

"Yep, I'm amazing, I know," I said.

"I feel bad, because my present isn't as good as yours," Elena said.

"Think of it this way," I said. "My present is only half as good as you think it is because it's split between you and Stefan. Did that make sense?"

"Nope," Jeremy said.

"Yep," Elena said. "Well, here."

She held out a rectangular shape to me and I ripped the wrapping off. I grinned when I saw it was all three of the Hush Hush series. I'd heard they were good books.

"Trust me, I'd rather this over a trip to Paris," I said.

"Seriously?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah," I said. "I've been to Paris loads of times. I'd rather read a new book then go there again."