The Battle

"Well, sorry, but I'm not exactly in the mood for being friendly," I said. "Especially to someone who tortured me."

"How are you feeling after that anyway?" she asked. "It looked... painful."

"No," I said. "It was actually quite pleasant, too bad I had to take the nails out, they were growing on me."

"What are you really doing here Katherine?" Damon asked. He looked really pissed off.

"Like I said, I'm here to help," she said.

"And why would we need your help?" he asked.

"Because there are a bunch of vampires that are planning on killing you," she said. "And you're out numbered."

"Why would you want to help us?" I asked.

"I felt like being nice," she said.

"Cut the crap Katherine," Damon said. "Your really annoying me, and I have better things to do,"

"Look, I want those vampires dead as much as you do," she said. "So why don't we work together?"

"And why would you want them dead?" I asked.

"Because they are becoming a nuisance for me," she said. "I can't have the town suspecting that there are vampires running around, look what happened last time."

"We don't need your help," Damon said.

"Yes, you do," she said. "All of these vampire are older than you, probably stronger."

"Doubt it," Damon scoffed. "They've been stuck in a tomb for a century and a half, with no blood. They'll still be weak, we can take them."

"You may be right about that, but they out number you easily," she said.

"We can take them," Damon repeated.

"Hmm, let's see, you've got you, Stefan, Lexi and Anna on your side, you guys will probably be able to do something I guess, Shadow, half vampire half warlock, he could do some damage, Bonnie, a new, inexperienced witch, Caroline, newly turned vampire, will probably only get in the way and Marni. I'm guessing she's still weak from the other day, she won't be able to do much of anything."

I glared at her. "Try me,"

"I would, but I'm trying to team up with you, so no," she said.

She tilted her head to the side.

"Is that Elena I hear?" she asked. She grinned and ran downstairs.

Using Vampire speed, I shoved my boots back on.

"This, isn't going to end well," Damon said.

I ran after Katherine and found her in the living room with the others.

"Well, crap," I muttered. I vaguely noticed that Damon appeared beside me.

"Incredible," Katherine whispered. She was staring at Elena.

"Who...?" Elena managed to say.

"Ah," Katherine said. "Stefan musn't have told you about our similar looks yet."

Stefan glared at Katherine.

"I'm Katherine," she said. "And I'm guessing your Elena."

"You're Katherine?" Elana asked in disbelief.

"The one and only," she said.

"No, I'm pretty sure there's another Katherine in North Carolina," Damon said.