Shattered Glass

"Stefan, Elena." Jeremy said.

"Vampires?"  Elena said, "Been watching to many movies now have we?"

"No, Marni was just telling me how Damon and Stefan are going as vampires to the Halloween party next month." Jeremy quickly lied. For that, I was thankful.

"Really?"  Elena said, smiling up at Stefan. "That shall be interesting."

"Indeed." Stefan said, still looking at me.

"Stefan, are you alright?" she asked.

"Hmm?" he said, turning towards her. "Yeah I'm fine."

"Well I'm going to get something to eat, coming?" she asked.

"In a sec, I just gotta ask Marni something." he said.

"Okay." she said, and walked out the door.

When the door closed, Stefan turned sharply to me.

"You told him?" he hissed.

"I had to!" I hissed back.

"Marni, your putting him in a lot of danger by letting him know." he said.

"You don't think I know that? It's not like I voluntarily told him, he saw me using magic." I said.

"And how did he see you?" he asked. Jeremy was on the bed looking back and forth from me and Stefan as if it was a tennis match.

"Me and Shadow-" I started.

"Shadow?" he hissed. "How many times have I told you to stay away from that guy?"

"Do you know him? No. So don't judge people Stefan." I said, getting defensive.

"Well considering what happened near Bree's bar, I have a right not to trust him."

"Well I have a right to trust him." I said.

"That's not important, what is, is that Jeremy knows." he said.

"As I was trying to tell you, me and Shadow were being chased-"

"Chased?" Stefan said.

"Shut up and let me finish." I said. "Chased by these guys who wanted Shadow dead and I had to use magic to get away from them and Jeremy happened to be standing there, watching the whole thing."

"What do you mean wanted him dead?" he asked.

"I don't know, I didn't have a chance to ask him, because Jeremy showed up." I said.

"So you decided to tell him everything?" he said.

"He has a right to know anyway, he's my best friend, he was gunna found out sooner or later anyway."

"And how do we know he won't go running around telling everyone?" he asked.

"Don't worry, I'm not scared or anything, so I have no reason to. Honestly, I think this is all pretty awesome." Jeremy said, speaking for the first time.

"See?" I said.

"Fine, but you can't tell anyone Jeremy, if you do our lives could be at stake." Stefan said, turning to Jeremy.

"I won't, I swear." he said.

"Are you going to tell Elena?" I asked after a silent pause.

"Well I'll have to eventually, but I'm afraid that she'll think I'm a complete monster." he said.

"She'll come through after a while." I said.

"I hope so." he said. "Well, there's only one thing to do now."