Reunion

When I died, I didn't have some spiritual experience where I could watch everything that happened from above. It was like I got knocked out. I wasn't concience of anything.

I felt a slight burning in my heart, then I gasped, my eyes snapping open. I felt life course through my body. It was the weirdest experience I'd ever had.

I was lying on a bed, in a nicely furnished room. Startled at the unfamiliar surroundings, I jumped off the bed and backed up to the wall. Then I noticed Shadow was standing on the other side of the room. He was infront of me in an instant.

"Marni!" he said, wrapping his arms around me. "Thank God you're okay."

"What happened?" I asked. "Where am I?"

"You died, and you're at my place," he said, pulling back to look at me.

"Oh," I said. Everything came rushing back to me. The epic battle with Klaus and me casting a spell to temporarily kill me.

"Wait," I said. "You have a home?"

"Of course I do," he said. "What, did you honestly think I spent all of my time wandering around and being all mysterious?"

"Well, yeah," I said. "I kinda did."

He laughed and shook his head.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Well, about as great as anyone can feel after they die," I said.

"That's good," he said.

"What happened after I died?" I asked.

"Well, Klaus disappeared," he said. "And that little door locking spell of yours wore off, and everybody ran in. I told them I'd take care of your body."

"How... How did everyone take it?" I asked. "My death, I mean."

He hesitated. "Not to well," he said. "Anna had to hold Lexi back from running after Klaus and killing him. I had to get Stefan to get Jeremy to calm down, he started raging when I said I'd take care of you."

"How did Damon take it?" I asked.

"He took it the worst," Shadow said. "It was like he was paralized or something. He wouldn't move."

"I should go see them," I said. "And let them know I'm okay,"

He nodded. "They're all at Elena's house. I cast a spell so Klaus won't be able to detect you, but you should stay out of public from now on, and only stick to going to your place and Jeremy's."

I nodded. "Are you coming with?"

"Yes," he said.

Everybody was in the livingroom when Shadow and I got to the Gilbert house. Just before we rounded to the corner Shadow turned to me. He held up his hand, motioning me to stay. I nodded and he walked into the livingroom. I leaned against the wall and listened.

"Guys," Shadow said. "I know you would rather sit here and grieve, but you should know what really happened tonight."

"Marni died," Jeremy said. He sounded like he was crying. "That's what happened."

"Or did she?" Shadow said. "Marni?"

I walked out into view and everyones jaws dropped when they saw me. I noticed that Damon wasn't there.

"Hey guys," I said. "You didn't really think you could get rid of me that easily, did you?"

Nobody moved. They were all frozen in shock.