Sock Wearing Pineapples

I got up and walked forward. When I reached the doorway, Elena rushed past. I watched as she hurried down the hallway, small sobs escaping her. She brushed past Damon, who was walking the opposite way as her. He looked after her, then turned and looked at me, his eyebrow raised. I frowned and headed up the hall to Stefan's room. He was standing in the middle of his room, his head tilted back and his eyes closed.

"I'm guessing she didn't take it too well?" I asked.

He sighed. "No, not exactly. She's not exactly happy that I waited until now to tell her."

"I'm sure she'll forgive you," I said. I walked over to his bed and flopped down. "It's not like it's your fault she's adopted."

"Yeah, but I should've told her sooner," he said.

"No, it's not up to you to tell her, it's up to Jenna," I said. "And besides, you just didn't want her to get hurt."

"You don't seemed surprised by all of this," Stefan said, looking at me suspiciously. "Did you already know?"

"I may have gotten bored and read your journal..." I said, smiling innocently.

"What was that about?" Damon said from the door.

"I told Elena she was adopted," Stefan sighed.

"Oh yeah, I heard about that," Damon said.

"How?"

"Well, let's just say someone I used to be friends with told me," he said.

I rolled my eyes and returned my gaze to the roof.

"Can't you guys just get over this fight your having?" Stefan asked.

I snorted.

"Yeah," Damon said. "Not gunna happen."

"Do you even like Andy?" Stefan asked.

"Sure I do," he replied. "She knows how to have fun."

I let out a laugh. "Oh I'd doubt that," I muttered.

"Oh, so you're talking to me now?" Damon asked.

I didn't reply. I just got up and walked out of the room, nodding goodbye to Stefan.

I was at Jeremy's Monday afternoon, two days after Elena found out she was adopted.

"I can't believe she was adopted," Jeremy said. "I just never saw it coming."

"Yeah," I said. "How do you feel about it?"

"It's not like it changes anything," he said. "Elena's still my sister, just not blood related."

I nodded.

"We were talking to Jenna about it before," Jeremy said. "Apparently her name was Isobel. She showed up at the hospital one night when my dad was working. She was sixteen, and about to give birth. After Elena was born she ran away, and my parents took her in. My dad took care of the paper work, so to everyone else, Elena was their daughter."

"Wow," I said. "Do you guys have any idea of where Isobel is now?"

"None at all."

I was sitting in the living room, reading a book. I was enjoying it immensely, that is until Damon and Andy walked in. I ignored them, refusing to give them the satisfaction of making me leave the room.

They were murmuring quietly to each other, and what Damon was saying was making Andy giggle. A noise that was worse than a dying albatross to me. I gritted my teeth, but didn't move. Next came the kissing. I resisted the urge to vomit. Andy started giggling again and my eye twitched. I was going to kill someone soon, but I held my ground. I tried to focus on my book, but Andy started laughing louder. No body else was home to save me from the hell, but I wasn't going to give in.