The Really Bad Problem

"You're a vampire?" I asked, a little breathless.

She nodded.

"Oh, okay," I said. I turned to Damon. "Anything else I should know about? Elena turning into a mermaid, Jeremey turning into a werewolf?"

"No, but everybody's downstairs waiting to see you, Jeremy especially," he said.

"Then why aren't they up here?" I asked. I had been lying in my bed for about two hours, dozing in and out of sleep, and no one came to visit me.

"I told them they couldn't see you yet, because you had to rest," he said.

"But, I'm fine, and you and Caroline are visiting me," I said, confused.

"I don't actually care if they come visit you," he said. "I just wanted to annoy them."

"Of course," I said. Trust Damon to do that.

"How are you Marni?" Caroline asked.

"I'm fine," I said, though my body ached. "What about you? How's being a vampire going for you?"

"It was a little scary at first, but Stefan's helping me," she said.

"Is he making you eat bunnies?" I asked.

"Yes," she said, glaring a little. "Human blood tastes so much better,"

"You're so missing out," Damon said.

Caroline glared at him.

"How are you feeling?" Damon asked me.

"Sore, but hey, I'll live."

I sat up and slowly swung my legs around and placed them on the ground. I stood slowly and grabbed the bedside table for support. Damon was at my side in a flash.

"You okay?" he asked, concern filling his voice.

"I'm fine," I said, holding on to his shoulder. "I just have to get used to it."

I slowly walked forward, and stetched my legs.

I walked downstairs, Damon and Caroline behind me ready to catch me if I fell.

I found Jeremy, Lexi, Stefan and Elena sitting in the parlour.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Marni!"

Jeremy got up and came over to me, hugging me tightly but carefully.

"Are you okay? I was so worried about you," he said.

"I'm fine," I said, hugging him back.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, trying to reassure him. "I'm fine, just a little sore."

"I swear to god I will kill that stupid little bitch," I heard Lexi mutter.

I laughed.

"Where's Anna and Pearl?" I asked.

"Anna's helping Pearl move into a house just outside of town," Stefan said.

"They're moving out?" Damon asked, hope filling his voice.

"Pearl is, but Anna's still living here," Stefan replied.

"Get my hopes up why don't you,." Damon said, glaring at the wall. "Do you remember the good old days when only three people lived in this house?"

Lexi poked her tounge out at Damon.

I felt a buzz in my pocket.

I checked my phone. I had a new message from Shadow.