Marshmellow Covered Coat-Hangers

I didn't sleep well that night. I had a dream about Damon. He kept looking at me with betrayed eyes, and shouted at me, although I couldn't hear the words. He shook his head, and everytime I went to move towards him, he'd move further away.

"I thought you loved me!" he shouted.

After that I woke up.

I sat on the couch in a daze, subconciously drinking coffee. Klaus was no where to be seen, so I assumed he was drinking the blood of some poor innocent girl.

I felt a hollow sensation fill me as I realised Damon probably hated me. Stefan probably did too. They were right. I was just giving up. I hadn't put any sort of a fight up against Klaus. Nor would I. I knew my chances of winning, and they were slim. But still. I should put up a fight, to try and get back to Mystic Falls. But all hell would break loose, and I wasn't about to risk anyones lives.

"Aw, what's wrong pouty?" a voice asked from beside me.

I jumped, startled, and turned to see my other self looking at me with a smirk. I glared at her.

"What, no unbearable pain this time?" I asked venomously.

She shrugged. "What can I say? I like dramatic effect."

"Clearly," I hissed.

"Ooh, touchy," she smirked.

"What do you want?" I asked. "Aren't you like a figment of my imagination or something?"

She laughed a laugh identicle to mine, but hers sounded somewhat colder.

"Now that one I've heard before," she said. "People really aren't that creative nowadays."

I frowned. "If you're not a fragment of my imagination, then what are you?"

"Are you sure you want to go down that road?" she asked. "It might screw with your head."

"Just like you have?" I retorted.

"Touchè," she said. "But if you get confused, it's your fault."

"Just get on with it," I snapped. She was more infuriating than Damon.

"I'm not a figment of your imagination," she said. "Whoever told you that was wrong. If I remember correctly it was Elijah that told you that? Although it was a good guess. Stuff like that has happened, but it's not quite the same."

"Skip the introduction," I said. "Get to the point."

"Everyone has two sides to them," she explained. "One good, one bad."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Take Klaus for example," she said. "His good side is buried deep down, and overrun by his bad side. Although some of his good side slips in occasionly. It's impossible for someone to shut out their good completely."

"You sound like some Zen master or something," I said.

She glared at me. "I'm explaining it, aren't I?"

I rolled my eyes and motioned for her to continue.

"To say the least, I'm you're evil half," she said.

I nodded, as if I understood what she was saying.

"You don't get it, do you?" she asked with a sigh.

"Not one bit," I said. "So like, does everyone have an evil side that comes out and toys with them?"

"Nope," she said. "Just you. We're special."

"No, I'm special. You're just creepy," I said. "So why only me?"

"Ever wondered why you haven't had the urge to use your powers for your own gain?" she asked. "And I don't mean to pick up something without moving, or getting the bartender to serve you drinks. I mean really use it to your gain. To bend everyone's will so they would answer only to you."