Salt & Pepper Pencil Baskets

"Come on, pick up, pick up, pick up!" I muttered, pacing my room with my phone pressed to my ear.

I was trying to get in touch with Katherine. I'd been calling her all morning, but she wasn't answering.

"What?" An irritated voice snapped on the other end of the line.

"Finally. How hard is it to pick up your phone?" I asked incredulously.

"I was sleeping."

"Yes, well I have better things to be doing on a Sunday morning too," I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want anyway? Aren't you meant to be cutting yourself off from everyone and following Klaus around?"

"Nope, I'm back in Mystic Falls now," I answered.

"How lovely, I'll be sure to visit."

"Do you want to visit now?"

Katherine was quiet for a second.

"Marni, what's going on? We may be friends, but we're not exactly besties. Why do you want me back in Mystic Falls?"

"I need your help," I admitted.

"Ah. I see. And what exactly do you need help with?"

"Well, you see, Klaus came back to Mystic Falls and is planning to break the curse," I began. "And I'm trying to find a way to spare Elena's life. And seeing how you were the first doppleganger..."

She laughed. "You really expect me to go to Mystic Falls if Klaus is in town? I've spent the last five hundred years running from him. There's no way I'm risking my life just to save Elena. In my opinion, life would be better without her."

"But are you saying you do know something?" I asked quickly.

"Maybe."

"Katherine, if you know something, please tell me," I begged.

"I may have something, but you'll have to come get it. I'm not going anywhere near that town if Klaus is there."

Hope surged through me.

"Where are you?"

"Florida."

She told me the address, and I hung up, heading down the hall.

Damon was in his room, flipping through an old journal. It was Jonathan Gilberts. We were hoping that since he knew about the Originals, he might know something about the doppleganger.

"Nothing," Damon stated, throwing the journal on his bed. "That thing mentions nothing about the Petrova dopplegangers."

"It might not have to," I began. "I got in contact with Katherine."

Damon looked up at me, his eyebrows raised.

"What'd she say?" he asked.

"She might know something," I answered. "But she's not coming anywhere near here while Klaus is around, so I'm going to her."

"Where is she?"

"Florida."

"Great, let's go," he stated.

"No, I need you to stay here and keep looking," I announced. "There's a chance that what Katherine knows is complete rubbish."

"I'm not letting you go alone," he argued.

"I'll be fine," I promised him. "If I'm in danger, I'll go ninja on whoever's threatening me."

"Are you sure?"