The Warning

"Hold on," Stefan said. "Let me get this striaght. You're being haunted by a girl that you dreamt about?"

"Either that or I've gone crazy," I said. "Both are very possible."

"And she took away your powers?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said. "It was like she was taking them away when she wanted to. I think that's what happened the other day when I fell off the ceiling. It's like my powers wouldn't work."

"The question is," Damon said. "How the hell do we stop this from happening?"

"That's what I'd like to know," I said.

"Elijah might know," Stefan said.

"I'll go look for him," Damon said. He looked at Stefan. "Don't leave her alone. That's when the girl usually appears."

Stefan nodded and Damon walked out.

"I hate feeling so vulnerable," I muttered, glaring at nothing inparticular.

"Is this girl from your dream someone you now?" Stefan asked.

"Yes," I said. "Who?"

"Me," I whispered.

"What?" he asked.

"It's me," I said. "But it's not. If you get what I mean. I look different and I'm evil."

"When did this start happening?" he asked.

"Ever since I got the power of death," I said.

"I knew you shouldn't have done that," he said.

"Well, there's nothing I can do about it now," I said. "All we can do is hope that Elijah knows how to make this stop."

Ten minutes later Damon walked through the door, Elijah right behind him.

"I see it worked then," Elijah said, refering to the spell he gave me.

I nodded.

"What's the problem then?" he asked.

"Marni's being haunted by ... well... herself," Damon said.

"I'm not quite sure I understand," Elijah said.

"The other night I had a dream about myself and I was killing everyone," I said. "But my eyes were black and I had a wild look about me. It was weird. And now the me from my dream is haunting me. She's appearing in mirrors and messes with my powers, as well as saying things like 'You will kill them all.'"

"I see," he said.

"We were just wondering if you knew anything about what's happening to her," Stefan said.

"I do actually," he said. "Marni has the power of death. Therefore, she has been touched by death. The dream she had wasn't a dream. It was a vision of what she will turn into if she continues to use Necromancy. It doesn't help that you actually did die. That just makes the connection to death stronger. My guess is that you've brought the girl from your vision into reality, although she's only real in your head. I'd say this is happening because you're having side effects of what you recently went through. Hallucinations might occur, as well as slight head aches."

"For further questioning, please see your local pharmacist," Damon said, putting on a formal voice.

I glared at him. He shrugged.

"So I'm not crazy?" I asked.

"No," Elijah said.

"Well, that's something at least," I muttered. I could hear a dull ringing in my ears, but I shrugged it off.