The Argument

"You're avoiding me," Damon said.

I glared at the floor, refusing to meet his eyes.

"No I'm not," I said, even though I knew it was no use.

"You're lying," he said.

"I am not," I said, still not looking at him.

"Then why is it that you haven't spoken to me at all, or answered my calls?" he asked. "Not to mention you haven't looked at me once since the other night. You're not even looking at me now."

"Maybe your just tripping balls," I said.

"What's going on Marni?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, but you forced me to say it," I said. "You smell really bad, so I've been trying to stay away from you."

"You're hiding something," he said, ignoring my comment.

I finally looked up and met his eyes.

"Am I?" I asked.

"Yes, and I'm going to find out what it is," he said.

"Have fun with that," I said. "Excuse me, but if you don't mind, I'm going to go to the bathroom now."

I brushed past him and walked into the bathroom.

I shut the door and closed my eyes, sighing.

I felt bad for avoiding Damon, especially since he had no idea why I was doing it.

He was getting closer to the truth, and I could only imagine what would happen if he found out.

I sighed again, and decided that I didn't need to pee anymore.

I went back downstairs, and sat back down, trying not to look miserable.

Damon didn't talk to me for the next few days, for which I was greatful. I spent most of my time at Jeremy's, or hanging out at the Grill.

Right now I was sitting in the parlour, reading a book. I sighed, and got up, sitting the book on the arm of the chair I was sitting in.

I went to walk to the kitchen but I was stopped.

Damon appeared right in front of me and I flinched, stepping back a little.

His expression was furious.

"Are you insane?" he hissed.

"Is that a trick question?" I asked.

"What the hell is your problem?" he asked.

"Depends on what you're talking about," I said.

"When were you going to tell me you were planning on killing yourself?" he asked, fury in his eyes.

I felt the blood drain out of my face.

Crap.

"How did you find out about that?" I asked quietly.

"I had to force it out of Shadow," he said. "Seeing how no one around here was going to tell me."

What a dick! I thought. I had to resist the urge to go back to Elijah and tell him to not worry about sparing Shadows life. That stupid homo betrayed me!

"Were you even going to tell me?" Damon asked. "Or were you just going to let me find out when you died?"

"You weren't meant to find out about this at all," I said.

"What the hell were you thinking?" he asked.

"I saved Elena's life," I said.

"At the expence of yours!" he said.