The Epic Battle

I was standing on the roof with Elijah, waiting for Klaus to appear.

The whole scenario reminded me of when the tomb vampired attacked. I was on the look out for the enemy.

"How did Shadow react when he found out I wasn't going to kill him?" Elijah asked as we waited.

"Oh, whoops," I said. "I competely forgot about that. I guess he's been afraid that he'd run into you somewhere. I'll tell him later though."

He looked like he was going to say something, but he cocked his head to the side. 

I went to ask what was wrong, but he put his hand over my mouth and motioned me to be quiet. 

He's here, he mouthed. Get down. 

I dropped to my stomach and army crawled to the edge of the roof and peered down. Elijah was beside me. 

Klaus walked out of the woods and smiled when he saw Damon, Stefan and 'Elena' (aka Katherine). The real Elena was hiding out at Bonnie's Grams. 

"Oh," Klaus said. "This I didn't expect." 

"Yeah, well, we're full of surprises," Damon said. 

"I'm sure you are," Klaus said. "What surprises me is that you didn't try and hide Elena. This just makes things so much more easily for me." 

"You won't touch her," Stefan said. 

"Oh, and who's going to stop me?" he asked. "You two?" 

"No," Damon said. "But she is."

That was my que. 

I lept over the side of the roof and landed beside Damon.

"Surprise," I said, giving Klaus a big smile. 

Shock filled his features. "You're dead. I saw you die." 

"Well, apparently I'm just too cool to die." 

"You're still not strong enough to kill me," Klaus said, but he didn't seem too certain. 

"Oh, I wouldn't be to sure of that if I were you," I said.

I flung my arms out and started chanting an ancient curse. If he thought what I did to him at the Halloween party was painful, he had another thing coming. 

I felt death flow through me and the black mist hit him in the chest. He dropped to his knees and bent backwards, roaring in pain.

I felt my body go cold as I used more power. I raised my arms and he flew up into the air. His screaming stopped and his eyes started to roll back into his head. I knew if I used anymore power it could be fatal, so I stopped.

Klaus dropped to the ground and coughed and spluttered. I bent over slightly, breathing heavily.

"You aren't strong enough to kill me," he said weakly.

He shakily rose to his feet and looked at me.

"I still have enought strength to kill you though," he said. "Any last words?"

"Yes," I said. "You have funny ears."

He laughed and shook his head.

"I'm going to enjoy this," he said.

He went to run at me, but before he could, Elijah was infront of him, and had his hand shoved through his chest. I was assuming he was holding his heart. Klaus gasped and frowned in shock.

"Hello brother," Elijah said.

"W-why?" Klaus barely made out.

"You killed my family," Elijah said. "I thought I'd return the favor."