The Naked Shoe Box Lover

The first thing I was aware of was that my head was throbbing.

I groaned. What kind of stupid, moronic idiot would hit someone over the head? I found it sad that I automatically thought of myself. After blinking a few times, I managed to keep my eyes open. I took in my surroundings and raised an eyebrow.

From what I could tell, I was tied to a chair, and I was in the  woods. I was placed in the middle of a very small clearing, and there was no one in sight.

"Well this is awkward," I said.

One the plus side of the day, at least I wasn't nailed to a chair. Although that was pretty fun. I grinned at the memory. Good bonding times with Katherine.

"You know, I didn't think you'd be smiling at a time like this," a voice said from behind me. It sounded vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place it. I couldn't see them, so I responded casually, while I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

"Well, I figure why not?" I said. "The weather's nice, I'm tied to a chair... Life doesn't get better. Although, cookies and cream ice cream would be pretty great right now."

I heard leaves crunching and a figure walked into my sight. I could honestly say I wasn't expecting this.

"Jules!" I said hapilly. "I haven't seen you in ages!"

Jules smiled down at me, and two guys made themselves visible.

"Oh, and you have friends," I said. "That's good. So how've you been?"

"I've been good," she said. "Better than you apparently."

"Don't let the fact that I'm tied to a chair let you think that I'm not happy," I said. "I'm living the dream."

"Well I'm glad, because you're not leaving it anytime soon," Jules said.

I paused. "Does that mean when I need to go to the bathroom, I have to pee myself?"

She frowned, obviously not expecting that question.

I laughed. "I'm totally kidding."

"Jules," one of the guys said. He motioned for her to go over to him and she did, and they began talking quietly.

"It's fine," I said loudly. "I'll just wait here, doing nothing. It's cool."

I looked around and sighed. I tried using magic, but my powers weren't working. I frowned.

"Oh, that's not going to work," Jules said, looking over at me and obviously guessing what I was trying to do. "You see, I know a witch who owe's me a favor."

"Ah," I said. "And you got them to bind my powers. Well, that's points to you I guess."

She smiled.

"Sooo..." I said. "Is this the part where I find out why you tied me to a chair?"

"You have something that we want," she said.

"My stunning good looks?" I asked. "No, no, I bet it's my sense of humor." I paused. "It's not my hairbrush is it?"

"We want the moonstone, and you're going to get it for us," Jules said.

I couldn't help it. I laughed.

"Seriously?" I asked. "You're still going on about that?"

"We know you have it, and unless you don't want to live, i suggest you tell us where it is," Jules said.

"So where's Mason?" I asked. "Last time I checked he didn't want the moonstone."

"He told us all about your little story, but we figured it wasn't true," Jules said.