Lamp Posts Are Nice Triangles

I was casually sitting on one of the tables at Gloria's, only half paying attention to the conversation going on around me.

"Tell me you're kidding," Klaus growled, snapping me out of my daze. I looked over to see him face to face with Rebekah, who returned the glare he was giving her. Elijah leant against the wall, watching them curiously, and Gloria was sitting at the bar. It was deserted because it was daytime.

"It must have fallen off!" Rebekah insisted.

"What?" I asked.

"My necklace!" Rebekah said.

"What's so important about it?" I asked.

"It's the only way to get in contact with the Original witch," Elijah said.

I glared at the ground. "Wonderful," I muttered.

Klaus had a murderous expression on his face, and snapped his head to Gloria.

"There must be another way," he said.

"There isn't," she argued. Klaus took a deep breath. "But I could try and find it. A locator spell might work."

Klaus nodded, and Gloria left the room, to get supplies.

"I'm bored," I sighed. "I want to go out and have fun."

"I'm sure the rest of us would too," he replied bitterly.

"Oh come on, Nik," Rebekah said, looking at her brother. "Let the girl have some fun. There's no need for her to be holed up in here with the rest of us."

I smiled hopefully at Klaus.

"How do I know you're not going to run as soon as you leave this place?" he asked.

"God Klaus," I scoffed. "If I haven't run in all the months I've been with you, I'm not going to run now."

"Fine," he said after a moment. I jumped off the table and fist pumped. "But just know, if you do run, I will find you."

I stopped fist pumping and looked at him.

"And this is why you have no friends," I stated flatly.

Rebekah laughed and Elijah smirked, while Klaus just rolled his eyes.

"If you don't here from me by tomorrow morning, I've probably died or something," I announced before walking out of Gloria's bar.

It was almost ten, and I was in some random club. I didn't know the people I was with, and I didn't care. I was having fun. I'd just downed the last remnants of my drink when a girl spoke to me.

"You sure know how to drink," she said, smirking at me. The girl had long black hair, and hazel eyes.

"I've had practice," I clarified, returning the smirk.

"I'm Emma Jacobs," she smiled, holding her hand out.

"Marni Salvatore," I greeted, shaking her hand. I glanced around her. "Are you here with anyone?"

"Nah, I was just looking for some fun," she shrugged.

"Well, you're in luck," I said. "I need a drinking buddy. Care to join me?"

"I'd love to," she grinned.

Half an hour later, I was laughing at something. I couldn't remember what it was, but it was hilarious. I looked up and my laughter doubled as I remembered what happened. My drinking buddy, Emma, had decided to get up on the bar and start dancing to Single Ladies by Beyoncè.