Getting Distracted By Dandelions

I woke up Friday morning, with the sudden urge to play with a yoyo. The only downside to that was that I didn't have a yoyo.

I sighed and climbed out of bed, dragging myself to the shower.

"I swear to god Damon, if you've used all the hot water up again I'll rip your face off," I muttered to myself as I waited for the water to get hot.

Luckily for him, there was still hot water.

I stood under the water, staring at the wall for about half an hour, trying to wake up.

I realised, after about ten more minutes of staring at the wall, that this wasn't going to wake me up. I quickly washed myself and shut the water off.

I decided to ditch school today. I thought I owed it to myself, seeing how I have to go to the Founders Court in a few days.

I threw on a pair of skinnies and a black shirt.

I skipped downstairs and into the kitchen.

As I was making myself coffee, I glanced at the clock on the wall.

It was seven in the morning.

"Ugh, why am I not still asleep?" I muttered.

I grabbed my coffee and walked into the living room, only to find myself coming to a stop.

"Well this is awkward," I said.

Eight pairs of eyes turned and looked at me.

Damon, Stefan, Elijah, Shadow, Katherine, Lexi, Anna and Pearl were all standing around the room.

"Finally," Damon said. "I thought you'd never wake up."

I gave him an incredulous look. "It's only seven! I should be asleep right now!"

He shrugged.

The most confusing thing about this scenerio was that Damon and Stefan were in the same room.

Not trying to kill each other.

"So...," I said. "I'm guessing this isn't a social visit?"

"Not exactly," Katherine said.

I raised my eyebrow at Stefan.

"Shouldn't you be at school, or with Elena?" I asked.

"I'm not going today," he said.

"I see," I said. I walked over to an armchair and made myself comfortable. Everyone had serious, worried expressions.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you guys aren't here to watch me drink coffee, so what's going on?" I asked.

"We're discussing how to stop the werewolves when they come," Anna said.

"That's what you guys are worried about?" I asked. "We have like a whole month to worry about that. In the mean time we should be going on homicidal rampages, or something like that."

"We're actually trying to prevent the werewolves coming at all," Shadow said.

"Why?" I asked. "If they want a fight, we'll give them a fight."

"You're missing the most important thing," Pearl said.

"And that is...?" I asked.

"A werewolf bite can kill a vampire," Damon said.

That shut me up. For about three and a half seconds.

"Oooooh...," I said. "Riight... Well, sucks to be you guys."