Finding Floors Comfortable

Mason's shock turned into wariness after about three seconds.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"You know, we were just passing through, thought we'd say hi," I replied casually. "Nice house by the way, it's cozy. I like it."

Katherine made a face, showing that she disagreed.

"Seriously, why are you here?" he asked. "Is it about Tyler?"

"Nope, he's still human," I said.

"Then why?" he asked.

"Well, we need to talk," Katherine said.

I was about to add something, but I was interupted by the door opening.

"Mason?"

A girl that looked to be in her late twenties, with brown hair and tanned skin walked in.

She froze when she noticed us. I was guessing she recognised Katherine.

A murderous look came across her face and suddenly she was a blur of motion, heading towards us.

I shot up defensively and snapped my hand out. A wall of air hit her and she shot back, hitting the wall on the other side of the room.

I looked at Mason.

"You need to control your pet," I said in a dangerous voice.

"Jules," he said, looking back at the girl, who I was assuming was a werewolf. She got up and walked over to Mason, glaring at us. "Don't worry, they're just here to talk."

"You must be Marni," she spat.

"Well hello to you too, random psychopath I've never met before," I retorted.

"Guys," Mason said, "Enough."

Katherine sat back, looking amused.

I sat back down on the couch and pulled my feet up.

"Anyway," I said. "Where were we?"

"You said you needed to talk to me," he said.

"Ah yes," I said. "And we do."

There was an awkward silence.

Mason motioned us to talk.

"Alone," Katherine said.

"I'm not going anywhere," The girl, Jules, snarled.

"Oh well," I said, getting up. "Come on Katherine, let's go. It seems they don't want us to tell them something that could help preventing them from all dying."

Katherine shrugged and got up, following my lead.

"Wait," Mason said, just as I reached the door.

I grinned, knowing he would fall for my bluff.

I turned around and looked at him expectantly.

"Jules, please," he said.

I skipped back over to the lounge and made myself comfortable again.

Katherine chose to lean against the wall.

"Mason, they're with the vampires, we can't trust them," she muttered to him.

"They just want to talk," he said. "Let me hear them out."

Jules glared at us again, but after a second she reluctantly nodded her head. She turned and walked out the door, slamming it behind her.

"So, what's this thing you need to tell me?" he asked.

"We know your planning to come for the moonstone and Elena at the next full moon," I said, getting to the point quickly. I was tired and I wanted to go home.