Mason Lockwood

"How did you do that?" he asked.

"I'll explain later," I said. "Let's just get out of here first."

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"The Grill," I decided.

"How do you know?" Tyler asked me when we were settled at a booth at the Grill.

"I actually only got told yesterday myself," I said.

"Who told you?" he asked.

"A friend," I said.

"How did you do that thing that you did?" he asked.

"I'm a witch," I said.

"What?"

"Witch. W I T C H," I said. "You know, magical powers and all of that. Although I don't wear a pointy hat."

"Witches don't exist," he said.

"Neither do werewolves but you're still walking around," I said.

"I'm not a werewolf," he said. "My uncle is."

"What's the deal with this whole werewolf thing anyway? How do you become one?" I asked.

"The werewolf gene gets past down through bloodlines," he said. "But that doesn't automatically make you one. You have to set things in motion first."

"How do you do that?"

He hesitated. "You have to kill somebody."

Wow. I didn't see that coming.

"Interesting," I said.

"Wait, you're not freaked out by this?" he asked.

"I live with vampires Tyler," I said. "It takes a little more than this to freak me out."

"Vampires?" he asked.

"Seriously Tyler, didn't you think about this?" I asked. "You honestly couldn't think that werewolves are the only supernatural beings out there."

"I hadn't really thought about it," he said. "Hang on, did you just say you live with vampires?"

"Yes."

"Does that mean that Stefan's a-"

"Yep, and Damon," I said.

"But you're a witch," he said.

"Your point being?" I asked.

"How are you a witch and they're vampires?" he asked.

"You don't get born into becoming a vampire," I said. "You have to be turned."

"When were they turned?" he asked.

"Hmm.... I believe it was 1864," I said. "But I met them before that."

"But- How are you still alive?" he asked. "You should be dead by now."

"I cast a spell and bam! Here we are," I said.

"How old are you?" he asked.

"Well, technically speaking, I'm 160," I said.

"This is all just so screwed up," he said. "Who knew? Vampires werewolves and witches are real."

"Oh, don't forget the ninja turtles," I said.

He laughed a little.

"I've been thinking about talking to my dad about this," he said. "He might know something more about this stuff... he's really interested in all the Mystic Falls history and some of my ancestors journals might say something about this all. Do you think that's a good idea?"