January 2001 (2)

***Marshall's POV***

Angel had left about three weeks ago and I had been missing her like crazy. I kept trying to remind myself that it was only one more week and then she would be here with me forever, but fuck it was hard. I wanted her here now, but I also understood you can't just move to a new state over night. She still had shit to take care of in New York before she could move, so I was just trying to be supportive. 

One thing she still had to do before she moved was shoot her music video for The Jump Off, which was gonna be the first single on her new record. She was doin' that today, and then she didn't have any other plans to shoot another video for the album as of right now, but I think she was just waiting until after she moved and got settled and then she would record a few more for her two other singles which were Magic Stick and Thug Luv. 

She also had to shoot another music video this week for Lady Marmalade which was the track she did with Eve, P!nk, and Christina Aguilera. I know she was super excited for that one since she said the concept for it was very boudoir, which was different from what her normal music videos are like. So I know she was excited to just try something new. 

I was also busy today with tons of different meetings for my label. One of the meetings was with a dude from Detroit that I was tryna sign who was goin' by the name Obie Trice. His shit was so unbelievably dope, and I was so excited to hopefully be signing another artist from Detroit. I had also been really wanting to sign 50 Cent, who was the guy Angel told me about, but I wanted to wait until after I had signed Obie to tackle another big signing project. I just really wanted to be able to give all my attention to one artist at a time, since I genuinely wanted them both to do well and I could only focus on so many things at once. 

Before I left though, I had to wait for Kim to drop off the girls so that Nate could babysit while I was away for a few hours. I know he really didn't want too, considering he's spent all morning bitching and moaning about having to babysit, but I didn't care. I had to babysit his ass, hell I'm still babysitting his ass, he can babysit for me every once in awhile.

I was in the kitchen making myself, Nate, and the girls some breakfast before I left at 9:30am when the doorbell rung. I quickly put the spatula down that I was using to flip the pancakes and yelled, "NATE! GIRLS ARE HERE!" 

"COMIN'!" He yelled back in a tone that sounded like he was annoyed. I just rolled my eyes and walked over to the door. I unlocked the door and swung it open to reveal my two favourite smiling faces and one sour one that I hated. 

"Hey babies!" I smiled at them as they ran past me. 

"Hi daddy!" Hailie yelled behind her as she kept running.

"Hi uncle!"  Lainey yelled following her little sisters lead. 

"Yo! Where ya'll goin'?!" I asked confused. 

"We wanna go play Nate's new game!" Lainey yelled back as their tiny feet barrelled up the stairs. I laughed and internally prepared myself for the inevitable fighting that was no doubt about to start. 

"How was the night?" I turned back to Kim and jutted my chin at her. This was the first time that I had let her keep them over night since her incident. 

She rolled her eyes."It was fine, Marshall. Stop actin' like I need supervision around my own children." She replied in a hostile tone. 

"Yo, I wasn't sayin' anythin', I was just tryna ask how the night went." 

"Yeah, and I said it was fine so leave me alone." 

"Aight, whatever Kim. Thanks for droppin' 'em off." I brought my hand to the door handle in attempt to shut it and get her to leave.