May 1999 (3)/ June 1999 (1)

***Marshall's POV***

It was nearing the end of May and I knew that meant Angel was now on tour with Diddy and the whole Bad Boy label. There was still not a single day that went by where I didn't think about her. It made it even worse when I saw she was on the XXL magazine cover. It made me miss her, and it made me jealous. The cover was her in a bathtub, topless, and holding her tits with both hands. To make it even worse, the headline was "ANGEL. WET." Then, if you went into the magazine, it was all topless pictures of her in that same fuckin' bathtub! There was only two of her in a bikini, but even then, the bikini was just barely covering her nipples. 

She also was on the cover of The Source, but at least in that cover photo she was actually wearing clothes. She had on a bikini top with a suede skirt. She had her hand down her skirt, touching her ass which pissed me off, but not nearly as much as the XXL cover. The headline of The Source was "ANGEL: EXPOSES HER PRIVATE PARTS." Which, while it was bullshit of course, and it was really just interview, also had my blood boiling. 

I know I had no right to be so mad about it, but fuck I hated when she did shit like that. I guess it just went to show that I still loved her, and maybe still thought of her as my girl? 

But that fantasy was quickly crushed when I saw pictures of her with Prodigy from Mobb Deep in a bunch of magazines. It hadn't been confirmed whether they were seeing each other or not, and knowing Angel, they weren't. But also knowing Angel, they definitely fucked. Those pictures tore me the fuck up even worse than the magazine covers, I guess because it just solidified that she was moving on. 

While it's dumb for me to be upset over it, because I was about to be a married man, I couldn't help it. I mean they showed him helping her out of the car, and then walking in to some club in New York with his hand on her back. There was also pictures of them leaving the club together looking wasted as fuck, with his arm around her shoulder. So of course they fucked. I'd have to be an idiot to think otherwise. I hated the idea of her fuckin' someone else and it made me wanna throw up, thinkin' 'bout her fuckin' some dude the way she used to fuck me, but I guess it was bound to happen sometime. I just wished it wasn't so public, and in my face.

In the interviews she did for both of those magazines, they asked her about Prodigy. All she said was he's cool, and they're friends. Friends who fuck, maybe. The interviewers also asked her about me, and the only thing she said was "Ya'll gonna find out how I feel 'bout him real soon." That just told me that there was a diss track coming my way, and not a hit man, thankfully. 

I wrote a few bars in preparation for a come back, but I wasn't gonna release anything against her unless it was really necessary. I figured it was probably just gonna be her saying "Fuck Eminem," and if that was the case, I just wanted to leave it at that. I didn't wanna egg her on, and I sure as fuck didn't wanna have to publicly diss her. I mean I still loved her so fuckin' much, I didn't wanna have to hurt her anymore. I knew she was probably just mad, which is fair. But that's where I wanted to leave it.   

***Angel's POV***

I had been touring for about two weeks, and I was loving every minute of it! It was my first real tour that I had ever done, and it was so fucking fun. Every night we would perform in a brand new city that I had never been too, and then spend all night just getting as fucked up as we could. 

Me and Prodigy had been keeping in touch, and by that I mean I would fuck him periodically. I actually really liked him, both in and out of bed. He was really sweet, and I loved his personality. We always had so much fun together when we were in the studio just fuckin' around, and I really liked that. 

But, since I was away touring, I still needed to get dicked down every so often. So the solution I found was Ma$e. Like i've mentioned before, he was also signed too Bad Boy, so he was on tour with us, and he was hot as fuck. He was a pretty good lay as well, definitely not up to Prodigy or Marshall standards, but he'd do for the time being. 

Speaking of Marshall, after a long ass and hard ass month, I finally felt like I was back to my normal self. Now, don't get me wrong. I was still angry as fuck, which was very evident on a lot of songs that I had recorded for my new record. And I was still definitely releasing Don't Mess With Me, but I felt almost no pain on most days when I thought about him. I was finally back on my shit, and I was doing better than fuckin' ever.

**********

A week later I woke up to my phone ringing from Zoe trying to call me for what looked like the tenth time, according to my call history. I grabbed it off the hotel nightstand and put it to my ear. 

"Hello?" I'm sure I sounded groggy and hungover, because I was. 

"Angel! I'm sorry for wakin' ya, but I have to tell you somethin'." 

I groaned and spread myself out on my bed that I was happy to not be sharing with a dude. "It can't wait?"

"Not unless ya wanna find out from TMZ." 

I rolled my eyes. "Oh jesus, what happened?" 

"Marshall married Kim." 

I shot up in my bed. "No he didn't." 

"I just talked to Denaun. I'm so sorry, Angel." She sounded genuinely upset for me. 

I started stuttering. "W-w-why?! Why the fuck would he do that?! How the fuck could he do that?! We JUST broke up!" I frantically got out of bed and grabbed the TV remote to see if TMZ was saying anything about it. 

I quickly flipped to the channel and there it was. His shitty wedding photos plastered all over the TV. "I have no idea why the fuck he woul-" I cut Zoe off. 

"HE HAS NO REGARD! NONE! Just does whatever the fuck he wants and doesn't give a fuck if he hurts anyone in the process!" 

"I kno-" 

"Is that at a fucking courthouse?! Did they get married at a fucking courthouse?! What kinda white trash bullshit is this?!" 

"Yup. That's what Denaun told me." 

"Did you see what this nasty ass bitch is wearin'?! God she's disgusting. I lost my man to THAT?! THAT BITCH?!" I sighed in frustration. "What the fuck is wrong with me, Zoe?!" I felt a lump start to form in the back of my throat and I couldn't take my eyes off the TV. 

"Angel, nothin' is wrong with ya!" She sighed. "I wasn't gonna tell ya this, because I didn't wanna back track ya progress, but Denaun told me he threw a major tantrum when he saw the pictures of you and Prodigy. He still loves ya so much." 

I scoffed and wiped at my tears. "I don't give a fuck if he still loves me. His actions have shown me very different." I paused. "If he loved me, he woulda married me, and not that bitch." 

"I- did you wanna marry him?" She sounded confused. 

I sniffled. "I mean, I hadn't thought about it, but if he asked me I don't doubt that I woulda said yes." I started crying harder. "I love him so fucking much, Zoe." My voice sounded weak, and helpless. I laid back down on my bed and I felt myself start to hyperventilate as I turned on my side into the fetal position. 

"Angel, angel, angel. Calm down. He ain't worth it, ya know that." I couldn't speak through my tears. I was crying far too hard now to be able to talk. "Do ya want me to fly out there? I'm off work this week." 

I nodded. "Mhm." Was all I was able to get out. 

"Okay, okay. I'll book my ticket and I'll fly out there tomorrow." 

"Thank you." I squeaked out. 

"I love you, okay? Don't do anything rash, like call him or somethin'. I'll be there soon." 

"K. I love you too." I hung up the phone and the tears fully came out. I didn't realize I was even holding back on the phone, I thought that was the worst of it, but nope. It got worse. It got a lot worse before it got better. And that was true about every single aspect of this entire fucking situation. 

A/N: I don't actually know if they got married at the courthouse the first time, but the pics definitely look like it LOL