August 1998 (4)

***Angel's POV***

A week past since I hooked up with Em, and he would have been long out of my mind if it wasn't for Zoe who was still talking to Denaun everyday. I was happy for her. She seemed to be really into him, but I just hoped he wouldn't fuck around and break her heart. I never understood how she could just let people in so easily, but I didn't envy it. Poor girl has been through way too many break ups to count, but she always got back up and tried again with a different dude. I could never be that resilient. My dad was the first man to break my heart and I vowed I would never let it happen again. 

Today, I was just hanging around the house, gettin' high, and watching cartoons. I had been working a lot so it was a much needed day off. The only thing that was missing was a dude to fuck, but I was feeling far too lazy today to get ready and go to some dudes house, so I figured I'd just masturbate instead. 

After I was done I went to my kitchen to grab something to eat and go finish my cartoons. As I was walking back to my couch with my bowl of cereal my phone started ringing. I put my bowl down on the coffee table and went to answer it. 

"Hello?" I said with my attention still on the cartoons. 

"Hi, is this Angel Jones?" A soft female voice asked. 

"Yeah, who's this?"

"Hi Angel. I'm Tara Lewis, I work for Bad Boy Records." My attention was immediately pulled away from the TV.  "I'm an executive assistant and I have been asked to set up a meeting with you and Mr. Combs." My eyes went huge and I wanted so badly to scream but I tried to remain as professional as possible. 

"Okay!" I squealed out. It wasn't a great response, but it was better than me screaming in this poor lady's ear. 

"Uhm, so, what day would be good for you?"

"Uh, yeah, any day works for me." I tried to sound calm, but the words left my mouth faster than I could even think them. 

"Okay. How about this Wednesday at 10 am?" 

"Yes! Absolutely. I will be there." I got a huge smile on my face. 

"And you know where the office is?"

"I definitely do." I let out a light laugh. 

"Excellent. We will see you then. Thank you, Angel." 

"Thank you!" I hung up the phone up and let out the loudest scream I've ever heard come from me. I instantly wanted to call Ai and tell him, but inmates can't take incoming calls. I would just have to wait for him to call me next. I dialed Zo's number but her line was busy! God damn it, who the hell is she talkin' to?! 

I had to tell someone so I poked my head out my door to see if Bert was there. I saw him across the street on the other side. 

"Bert! Come here!" I yelled and ran inside to grab us two beers. I went back outside and he was sitting on my steps waiting for me. I bulldozed down them and sat beside him. "BERT! Guess fuckin' what!" I handed him a beer. 

"What's up kid?" 

"I got a meeting with Bad Boy Records! I know you don't understand what that means but it's HUGE for my career!"

"You mean your rapping?" He knitted his eyebrows together. 

"Yes!" I almost screamed right at him. 

"Well congrats kid! Proud of ya!" We clinked our beers together and both took a sip. 

"Bert if I get rich, I'm gonna buy you the nicest house I can find."