June 1999 (3)

***Angel's POV***

This morning me and Zoe woke up to my phone essentially flyin' off the fuckin' hook from all the calls I was receiving from Charmin. I sat up to grab it, and then laid back down.  

"Hello?" I groaned into the phone.  

"Angel what the fuck is going on with you and Marshall?!" She sounded panicked. 

I scrunched my face while my eyes were still closed. "Fuckin' nothin'. Why?" 

"You sure about that? Check any fucking news channel." 

"Ugh no, I'm sleepin'. Just tell me whats goin' on."

"He was performing in San Francisco last night and he attacked a fan for calling you a bitch!" 

"What?!" I shot up in bed and started searching for the remote in the blankets. 

"What's goin' on?" Zoe asked in a sleepy voice while I flipped on the TV. 

"So, I'ma ask you again. What's going on with you and Marshall, Angel?" Charmin asked seriously. 

"Charmin, I swear to god, nothing! I haven't talked to him in months!" The first news channel I found had the tape playing and I turned the volume all the way up. Zoe started to sit up, probably due to the loud volume and I could still hear Charmin talking to me but I was way too focused on the TV. Whatever that guy said in the crowd was inaudible, but you could hear Marshall loud and clear thanks to the mic. My jaw dropped when I saw him dive into the crowd and then the video cut out. 

"CHARMIN WHAT THE FUCK?! WHAT THE FUCK?!"  

"Is that Marshall?!" Zoe looked at me horrified and I nodded. 

"Angel, whatever is going on between you two needs to stop now. This makes you look HORRIBLE!" 

"Charmin! For the last fuckin' time I ain't talked to him in months! I have no idea why the fuck he would do that! HE'S MARRIED FOR CHRIST SAKE!" I started getting really agitated with her, because I was tellin' her the fuckin' truth! 

"Okay, okay, calm down. I'm gonna talk to his manager and see what the hell we can do about this. I'll call you later, k?" 

"K, thanks." I said coldly and hung up. Mine and Zoe's eyes were still glued to the TV. They kept replaying the video and then giving commentary. She was right, it did make me look really bad. It made me look like I was also a bomb ready to go off at any little thing, just by association to him.   

"Angel, I have to tell you somethin'." Zoe turned to me with a serious look. 

"What?" I said still staring at the TV. 

"Marshall called me last night." I snapped my neck towards her and my eyes widened.

"Wh-what?! When?!" I quickly started searching for the remote again and turned the TV down. 

"Little past twelve maybe?" 

"Why?! What did he say?!" 

"He said he wanted to talk to you, and I said no. But now I'm assuming it probably had somethin' to do with this situation." She motioned towards the TV. 

"Well how did he sound?! Did he sound okay?!" 

She shrugged. "I don't know. It kinda sounded like he was cryin'." 

"Cryin'?" I tucked my chin in looking confused. 

"Yeah, like physically he sounded fine. He just sounded really like, emotional?"