July 2000 (1)

A/N: Hi! I just wanted to give a bit of a trigger warning before this chapter. It's pretty heavy, and deals with Kim's suicide attempt, so if you're not comfortable reading that PLEASE don't feel obligated too!! 

***Marshall's POV***

Tonight was the night of our Detroit show for the Up In Smoke tour and me and the boys were all so fuckin' excited. We were always excited whenever we got to preform for our city, but this show was even more special since we were with Dre, Snoop, Cube, Xzibit, Warren G, Nate Dogg and so many other incredible emcees. I couldn't believe I was part of such a historical concert, and I really couldn't wait for Detroit to experience it.

Since we were in Detroit, me and the boys decided to all really take advantage of our time here and record a little bit for the D12 album. We were maybe a quarter of the way through the album, since my schedule had gotten so fuckin' hectic with his tour, and then after it I was about to headline my own tour just a few months later, so I really wanted to put in any extra time I had into the record.

We were all sitting around the studio drinking, smoking, and listening to a beat that Dre had sent us. We were tryna figure out what we could do with it and I immediately got an idea. I grabbed my notebook and started writing with my left hand, while I still had my joint in the other. I wrote the verse in under fifteen minutes and when I was done I couldn't stop laughing to myself, probably since I was so high but still.

"Fuck you laughin' 'bout over there?" Proof asked with a lopsided smile.

I shook my head and smirked. "Hold on." I got up from the couch I was sitting on and made my way over to the booth. I threw on the headphones, gave a thumbs up and Porter replayed the beat again from the beginning.

"It's shit like this I kick to these rich white kids/Who just might see how fucked up this sick life is/Oops, I did it again, didn't I?/My shit's harder to figure out than what Angel's tit size is/I probably pissed you off again, didn't I, bitch?"  I saw all the boys start to laugh which surprised me. Up until this point they really didn't like me talking about Angel on a record. I just kept going until I hit my next few bars about Angel. "This just in: Angel just dissed me again/She just fucked Prodigy, got tit-fucked and dick-sucked him/If he can get his ass licked, how come I can't?/Shit, god damn, bitch, I'm rich, I can't understand this/Are those pictures of you two together on the internet/As close as I'm ever gonna get to hittin' it from the back again?" I looked back over at the boys quickly and saw they were all still laughing, while Kuniva and Porter had their jaws on the floor which made me almost start laughing. "Just give me one chance, Angel fuck me one more time/Let me know what's on your mind, Whitney give me one more line to sniff/You fuckers know what time it is/Fuck your jewelry, my record's almost diamond, betoch."

Porter cut the beat and I took my headphones off. I walked out of the booth and normally I would brace myself for the bullshit of all of them telling me I shouldn't be sayin' shit like that about her, but they all seemed to really like it.

"Aight, only reason were lettin' ya keep that in is 'cause it's so fuckin' funny, Doody." Proof said in between his laughter.

"How the fuck ya come up with shit like that?" Biz asked also through his laughter.

"Have a bitch ya fuckin' get pictures released of her naked with her ex boyfriend and you'll figure it out." I said jokingly, but it was true. I was still so fuckin' hurt by everything with her that I needed to get it off my chest, but in a humours way. I've learned that shit always hurts less if you can make a joke 'bout it.

We ended up staying at the studio until about 5:00pm and then we decided we should probably start making our way to the venue. 

Me and Kim we're still fighting since I caught her kissin' that fuckin' guy, but I had invited her to come to the show anyway. I wouldn't say I was excited about it, because she was never supportive of me being an artist. And because she was never supportive, she never really came to any of my shows. So the thing that I was most excited about was kinda just proving her wrong, and rubbing my success in her face. Having her witness the sea of people that came to these shows, knowing all my lyrics, and watching me perform with these huge emcees was a petty dream come true to say the least.