Hit and Run.

********training*********
Scarlett's POV
"Breathe in, and concentrate on making a barrier around you." Delmas said peacefully.
A yellowish shield formed around her in a circle.

I secretly imitated and breathed in, but accidentally snorted instead.
The others looked around as if trying to find out where Delmas was hiding a pig.

I closed my eyes and pretended to not know anything.

Rachel stepped up and touched the barrier.

I heard a shocking noise and saw Rachel quickly yank her hands back and yell. "It burned me!"

Delmas opened her eyes and smiled. "That's what you get for touching shields without further instructions."

Rachel made a pouty face.

"I thought shields are supposed to keep you away from danger, not burn people." I said.

"They do both."

Ok then.

Delmas continued. "Try forming a shield and do what I told you to do. "

We all closed our eyes and concentrated on making a shield. Instead I found myself drifting to a faraway place as my vision start to darken and—

"Scarlett!"

Startled, I quickly opened my eyes to see what's wrong.

Everyone had a sphere around them and Delmas gave me a glare.

"I told you to concentrate. Not sleep."
I rubbed my eyes.

"Oh. Sorry."

I concentrated for real this time, and when I
opened my eyes, a circular red glass-like thingy was in front of me.

Hm? It worked?

I reached my hand out to touch it.

It was a smooth surface and felt comfortably warm. Just what I expected.

"Delmas, isn't this supposed to burn me?" I asked. She shook her head.

"They only burn whoever is outside. If you created it, you will not get hurt."
Well that makes sense.
"Well done" she added.

"You have created a shield. Once you have learned how to fight, you will learn how to create a powerful shield instantly, without the unnecessary concentrating. Now, let's learn the basics of fighting."

We spent a few hours blasting fire balls, water balls, air b—....That sounds wrong.
Whatever, I've made my point.

Anyway, we spent the few hours trying to hit each other.
With balls.

Okay anyways...Delmas taught us how to dodge, return, and block an attack.

We had pads on our bodies too. It was pretty useful, cause my method to winning is running away. I'm good with physical attacks...not magic attacks.
However, I just kept the shield there until someone broke it.

Well played Scarlett, then it's back to running. I heard Delmas voice saying, "Scarlett! Attack! Dodge! Return! Something!"

Something is ME running! That's what! I'm a damn genius. Finally I stopped at my track and created a raging ball of fire.

It circled my hand and blasted at Rachel's air ball. Bull's eye!

I smirked and took an advantage to crush Rachel, but she dodged every move.
She was better than I thought.
I didn't realize the others learned more since I was spending my entire time running.