Training

Aqua's POV
"C'mon guys! We're late!" I hurried.

We all said, " Take us to Demroy." Then we appeared in front of an unhappy woman, Delmas.

As expected.

"You're late...On the first day."

"We're quite aware of that, thank you" Scarlett frowned.

"I'm sorry Delmas, we got detention because of a food fight and two girls that always stand in our way, and you know, detention is long so-" I blabbered on.

"Ok, Aqua, that's enough."

I lowered my head and pursed my lips.
Sometimes I talk too much.

"Let's start our exploration." Delmas said finally, followed by two claps.

She led us around her training hall with tons of weapons. She explained the most powerful ones.

"And this one is called the striker." She had said. "It can kill 13 opponents at once. With a swing, it can make deadly and massive strikes that can, and will lead to death."

Each weapon she explained was scary.

Delmas let us carry one that she said were 2,000 pounds. Yeah right, it felt like 5 tons.

All 3 of us were unable to even lift it slightly. Not even Delmas.
Yes, notice I said 3.
Because Scarlett apparently lifted it by 2 centimeters.

Scary.

We continued walking until we reached the main hall, which was surprisingly at the very end of the place.

She turned around to face us.
"Now we shall enter the most important place of this place. The element dragons." She said.

Umm, what the heck? First, there is the elementals. Now the dragons?

Please tell me we're not gonna swing a dragon.

Delmas eyed Elena, who was trying to touch
everything.

Elena stopped.

Delmas continued. " This weapon is the most powerful. However, you can not carry it. " she smiled.

Thank god.

"—it is in you. Only people who possess magic like me, and including you four girls have it. It can be released by summoning it. That is easy once you get your training. It just means to control it."

"Delmas, we know how to control the color of our hairs!" Rachel said proudly.

"That is a start, but changing the color of your hairs will not be a weapon to fight and defend yourself. " Delmas chuckled.

"However, it could be used as a distraction."

"Can we train now?!" Scarlett asked impatiently.
Delmas nodded. "Very well."

********training****************
Rachel's POV
"Heads up!!" Scarlett yelled, taking the sword from the counter and trying to slice my head off.

Yes, Slice.
We're using a real sword. On the first practice.

Delmas probably wants us all dead.

It's okay though. Hurts real bad when you get hit obviously, but the cut disappears in five minutes.
That includes a cut at your neck too, even though in reality, you would die from that.

"Scarlett, your position is wrong." Delmas corrected. "Hold the sword like this."
She demonstrated and Scarlett tried again.

Delmas nodded her head approvingly and went to the other side where Aqua and Elena is.

They were doing good over there. I was busy looking when pain hit my ankles.

"UGHHH GODDANGITT!"Scarlett had hit my legs.
She smirked and said, "remember what Delmas said."

Blood dripped slightly down and I struggled to stand.

Scarlett imitated Delmas's voice. "Never get distracted by your opponent or any other. "

I smiled.

We continued for another hour. Man, I'm lucky that Delmas had stopped time when arranging the new teleportation way, because I would've gotten grounded for staying late by now.

I listened to the other group and heard Delmas say, "no flinching! A blink is a second wasted. You can do many things in a second!" Dang, I find that hard to believe.

Then again, another swipe in the elbow.

More blood. I clutched my arms.
Jesus Christ it hurts.

"Rachel! Stop getting distracted!" Scarlett yelled.

"easy for you to say, you got the sword! " I shouted defensively.

She pointing to the shield on the ground that I dropped 20 minutes ago.

Oh.

I picked it up and concentrated this time, the pain slowly disappearing. Well I guess the 5 minute pain was true.

AN HOUR LATER

Delmas beckoned us all to come.
"Well done with your sword training. " She clapped.

"What's the point of sword training when we have magic?" Elena asked.

"Only because some evil spirits have the power to be unaffected by magic. Therefore, at those moments, we must rely on physical attacks."

After a hesitation, Delmas started again. "The next one is sensing where your opponent is and where he is going to strike next."

"How do we do that?" I asked.

"I will show you."

She took a thick piece of fabric and wrapped it around her eyes.
Then she asked me to come and hit her anywhere I wanted with the sword this time.

Interesting...
I carried the sword used for training. It had a thick handle but with a thin sharp blade.

Here goes nothing. I positioned myself and took a breath.
Then I striked where I didn't think she would know. The thigh.

Before it hit her, she used her bare hands and caught the tip of the sword with two fingers.
That didn't hurt?
Woah.
Sensei, teach me that skills.

I tried again. But each time, she caught the sword, and I grew tired instead.

"That is how to sense when someone is striking. Now I will show you how to detect the location of a person with your eyes closed."

We spent two more hours listening, smelling, and feeling where the other person is.
Sounds wrong, but it's true.

Delmas told us that by feeling the ground and concentrating, you can sense where someone is.

You can also hear closely to where that person might be and smelling a familiar scent by them. By the end of the lesson, all four of us were actually getting really better but we lack of sleep.

Delmas is a crazy teacher for making us touch the ground in a perverted way, but it was worth it. I hope.
_______________________
Woah you're still reading this story?
I'm so honored *^*

Today's question:
What is one habit that you want to get rid of?

-idontw