Close Call

Aqua's POV
"Wake up sweetheart!" I heard a familiar voice. I groaned and stretched out my arms. I attempted to get out of bed, but my drowsiness soon took over and I was sitting on my bed with my head hung low.

I continuously smacked the pillow back and forth against my face so that I could get rid of my sleepiness.

Soon, my mother bursted in the door again. "Wake up! Don't want to be late!" I stumbled up, regaining my position to brush my teeth.

My mom served pancakes and I ate it hungrily. I rushed out the door and my mom stopped me. "Young lady, wash your hands!" She ordered.

I snapped my fingers and washed my hands through water in the air. My mom already knew that I have powers.

So did my best friends' mom, so no reason to hide it.
She looked at me in awe.

I laughed and headed out. When I entered, it's the first time ever that I don't see Jenny and Karen hanging around here.

Surprise right..no? Whatever...
It's a surprise to me. I looked at the school's clock above.

Too early. I went to my locker first and looked at my schedule for Thursday.
8:30-10. :ECONOMY
10.-11:50: HEALTH
BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAH.
I didn't even bother to look at the rest. It's all so boring. The hallways were all clear and there was literally no one around.

Where'd they go? I hurried up to class. No one was in there. I spent 20 minutes running down and up the hall looking in every classroom.

Where did everyone go? Is there even school today? I sat on the bench in the corner of the wall. I don't get it? Am I alone?

I buried my head in my hands, hoping someone would answer. But I was alone. In the school.
Like, c'mon. It's Thursday! No holiday, no problems, and the weather is fine.

Then why isn't anyone here? Not even the teachers!
I've been wondering too much actually because my head started to hurt.

Then I DID hear something. Footsteps. It was walking closer and closer to me. Then one thing that flashed in my mind, was....
Hide.
Hide.
Hide.

I don't know why, since I was looking for people, but the only thing that seems accurate right now is to hide. It's like an instinct.
Especially since there's apparently no one in the school, it's quite suspicious to hear footsteps.

I shuffled quickly and quietly down the other side of the hallway, and ducked behind the wall.

I peeked over and caught sight of a guy glancing back and forth, as if something had been chasing him. He seemed harmless since he wasn't carrying any weapons....

But I still kept low just in case he had one. Because you know, him, by himself in the hallway, looking around...Ok, ok

I'm in the hallway alone too. I get it. I'm as suspicious as he is.

I decided that I should maybe get a better view. I slipped behind him, cautious to not make a sound. I'm good at this, because the training with Delmas had definitely improved my sneaking skills.

He was breathing heavily and I heard him mutter," Close call."

I quickly hid before he turned around.

What was that supposed to mean?
I watched him walk down the hall as I stumbled out dumbly.
_____________________
Yes, It's a short chapter.

My question today is:
What is your favorite season?

-idontw