Keep Walking

Aqua's POV
"I have to tell them!" I muttered as I rushed to the cafeteria. I just woke up and remembered the story about yesterday. The one where the guy was running out of nowhere and stuff like that.

Besides, why weren't there anyone here yesterday? It was all normal now, though. I saw three girls waiting at a table.

Thank goodness they're here!
I scooted myself over trying not to run people over by my "hype-ness". Rachel looked up at me and smiled. I didn't return it.

"Guys! I. Need. To.tell.you.something." I managed to say, taking short breaths.

"What?" Scarlett asked.
I held up a finger as if to say wait, and I calmed myself down. "There's something I need to ask you guys first."
I said, a little more steadily.

They waited, so I continued on. "Why weren't you guys here yesterday? And everyone else too?"

Elena wrinkled her nose.
"You didn't hear?"

I shook my head.
Hear what?

"There had been an attack early yesterday morning. It was by two guys, which they called themselves 'agents'."

When she said the word agents, she cringed. Then added, "You probably don't want to hear what happened next." She's right.
I actually don't.

"Ok. Enough of that." I said quickly.

Rachel turned pale.
"You mean, you were h-here?"

I nodded my head slowly.
She was about to scream when Scarlett clasped her hand over her mouth.

"Did you...GET ME ANY FOOD?!" Scarlett asked excitedly.

What? How does that even relate?
Rachel gave her a look.

"What's so scary? It's just two guys..."I said.

Scarlett let her hand go and Rachel began to babble. "Two guys?! Two guys?! More like two HORRIBLE DEMONS!" She shrieked.

"Shh!!" Elena hushed.

Scarlett began calmly like nothing just happened,
"Aqua, we can see through people..."

What? Ew. What's that's supposed to mean? I froze in horror realizing what she said.

"I DONT WANT TO SEE THROUGH PEOPLE! THAT'S DISGUSTING!" I shrieked.

Elena, Rachel, and Scarlett exchanged glances and bursted out laughing.

"Not like that!" Elena managed to squeak out, still laughing.

I gave them a glare saying, shut up before I beat you the hell up glare. Scarlett stopped and so did the rest. I banged on their table fiercely.

"Explain now." I said, eyes gleaming with anger. It always turned more blue whenever I was angry. It's an Elemental's thing.

"Fine." I hear Scarlett groan. "We can see if they're actually evil spirits or not."

I stared back in confusion. "It's like identifying if this person or something is evil or something.

"Oh! So does she mean like being able to know the difference from a spirit to a normal person? I thought see meant like see through people's...you know what.

Ew, Aqua, snap out of it!

"They were evil spirits, Aqua. They turned into one before we even get to scan them with our eyes." Rachel said. "I don't even know how they got the appearance of agents."

I nodded.
Still quite confused about how they were able to tell that they were evil spirits ahead of time, and how the whole school knew about this and stayed home.

Just confused. But I decided not to ask but instead tell them what happened when I was here alone.

We spent the whole day wondering what he had meant by 'close call'. We suspect that maybe he was being chased by one of the fake agents.
Although Scarlett suggested that it was probably because he stole some food in the cafeteria and was being chased by hungry aliens.

Let's just hope that those spirits, or what they called them, didn't see me. I began wondering more as I walked into something solid.
I glanced up to see a familiar guy.

Where did I see him before? Where did I—
I gasped as I recognized who it was. It was the guy that I say yesterday!

He had golden brown, ruffled hair and glittering green eyes now that I've seen him up close.
Well that's nice.
HIS SUSPICION WASN'T NICE THOUGH.

He smiled and I admired his straight, white teeth. He held out his hand and I gladly took it. I shifted my weight and stood up shakily. "Sorry about that." He said.

"The name's Kane" I looked at him.

"Cane? You mean like a candy cane? Or like an old man's cane?"
He made an offensive face and chuckled.

"Never mind that. What's yours?"

How could this innocent looking guy be in the hallways alone yesterday?

"Aqua" I replied, uncertain if I should really tell him. I saw a happy spark on his face as he smiled. "Nice name, uh, it matches your eyes."

I blushed without myself even knowing when he said that. I spotted Karen rushing to him suddenly and started twirling her hair.

"Oh Kane!" She hushed. "Why are you hanging out with her?"

She stared at me with cold eyes. I glared back strongly, full of hate. "Why not?" He said smiling at me.

I smiled sweetly and returned a smirk to Karen. She pouted at Kane. "Honey, I don't want you to go near that girl! She's a troublemaker! And she's super mean to me!"

She sounds like a 1980's mom. -barf-

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I could hear a faint yell saying," Aqua, wait!"
I didn't even turn around. Just keep walking Aqua.

Keep walking.
_________________________
*^*
Heyy how are you guys?
Today's question is:

If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be?

-idontw