Footsteps in the Snow

Rachel's POV
It's snowing! Finally. You do NOT know how long I've been waiting for this.

I gulped down my cereal and rushed out the door, completely forgetting to change. Stupid me.

Sighing, I threw on a thick white knitted sweater, black leggings, and a gray beanie as I headed out to heaven.

It was still slightly snowing and it was hard to walk with massive layers of snow beneath my feet. I trudged through, listening to the satisfying sound of my feet stepping on the new, fresh snow.

The school door was hard to open.
And I mean, hard.

I have a feeling that when I open this door, a load of snow is gonna come falling on me and it's gonna be worse than an avalanche.

Instead, when I opened the god forbid stubborn door, snow filled the hallways and oh my god, they were throwing it.

It was worse than the food fight. It was worse than anything.
It was disturbing. Disturbing to the eye.

The snow was covered in dirt, and yet they were picking it up with no care whatsoever.

"If you wanna throw snowballs, do it outside you dirty chipmunks."
I pointed to the door which I had just entered through.

They piled out with their heads down as I gave them all dirty looks.

At the corner I saw Aqua sitting examining a book. As always.

I walked to her, brushing off the leftover snow that hasn't melted from my shoes.

"Hey." I said waving. She didn't reply.

"HEY." I said again a little louder.

She stopped and looked at me and smiled.

"Hi! Didn't see you there."

No kidding.

"Don't you just LOVE snow? " I asked jumping around excitedly.

There was a blank face on her. "It's okay. I liked it better when it was spring."
I sighed.
I noticed.

Walking down the hallways were Scarlett and Elena, laughing. Then they came to us.

Elena giggled and spoke, " You did not believe what we just did."

Scarlett nodded eagerly and said, " We dumped a whole bunch of snow on Jenny. And Karen slipped on them too. So they went piling over each other. When they were laying down, Elena took a bunch of snow and we both started throwing it at them."

I looked at them in shock. Then Aqua and I bursted out laughing. These troublemakers.

"Did she see you? " Aqua asked.

"Duh, we were in front of them." Scarlett answered still laughing.

I suddenly spotted the demons, and so as expected, Jenny and Karen walked over to us.

Geez, how come those same two girls always know where we are? Were there spies or something?

Jenny stopped with her face super close to Scarlett.

"YOU.RUIN. EVERYTHING!" She screamed.

It all happened too fast for my eyes to follow, and soon Jenny pushed Scarlett and Elena to the ground.
Karen started kicking them. To admit it, it was kind of scary.

Aqua and I exchanged worried glances and pulled Jenny and Karen back.

Elena still laid on the ground, but Scarlett stood up again, wiping the blood from her bottom lip with her thumb.