Tree of Life

N/A: gosh I got a paper cut!!!! Ok now back to the story...

Scarlett's POV
I screeched to a stop as the guy from earlier stood in front of me. "You did it didn't you?" He asked.

"Did what?" I played dumb, giving him my best innocent look.

"THREW PAPER AT ME!" He roared.

I flinched.

He shoved a handful of paper filled with math at my chest.
"Read it!" He demanded angrily.

"How am I supposed to read that? Your sweaty hands are all over it. Besides, it's ripped into tiny pieces."

I put a hand on my hip, while the other pointed to the piece of paper.
He groaned. "WHATEVER!"

"What's the big deal?" I asked.
"It's just pieces of shriveled paper thrown at you. And why would you think it was me? The paper CLEARLY doesn't say anything that has to do with me." I shrugged.

"What's the big deal? WHATS THE BIG DEAL?!" He imitated.

"I'm the star player in Football! The best of the best! Everybody likes me, everybody respects me. " He spits out.

I covered my face with my hands, because I'm afraid he's going to pass over his spit germs. I rolled my eyes. "That explains nothing of why that has to do with me. I can't believe I'm in a school with major vain jerks. "

He wiggled his eyebrows. "Handsome ones."

"P-lease, I've had enough of your face already. Besides, you said everyone liked you, and yet that girl was trying to escape from your nasty breath."

His eyebrows arched.
"You don't believe me right? I'll show you!" His attention were focused on something else now. He whistled at a group of girls nearby and flashed his best, dazzling smile. They practically fainted over him as he flexed his muscles.

He turned around with a smirk. "What'd I say? They LOVE me. " I gave him a get out of here look.

"Look here, I don't even know your name, and you're saying that everyone loves you. Now get out of my way, before you get busted out of here."

"Ooh, what you gonna do? Beg me?" He snickered.
"And by the way, the name's Rick. " He winked. Ugh I'm disgusted.

I turned around and walked the other way. I'm sure that there must be another way to the other side. But it's a pretty small high school, so no.

Wow, this sucks.
It's even worse than elementary school hallways. YAN high school was not a high school I would recommend my future kids to. Ever.

I stared at him as he still stood there, blocking the path with his whole body. He was still flexing his muscles, knowing that I will never go to the other side without passing him.

A flash of anger rises up as I balled up my fist. All right. If you want to play it this way, let's do it.
But it's time to make some real damage.

I stomped towards him with my full strength and energy, pounding inside, ready to be released and free to my horrid world.

"Get Out!" I screamed in his ears.

"Woah chill out, just let me-" Before he could say anything, I punched him right in the face.

"What the fuck!"
He cursed, holding out his hand filled with red liquid.

"Out of my way. NOW!" I warned. I watched breathlessly as he still remained put there, like the titanic ship underwater.
Why won't he move?!

I kicked him in the balls this time.
I kept punching and kicking until he was all cross eyed and you know...looking dead.

He gasped breathlessly and fainted from shock.
My eyes widened as I realized what I did out of anger.

Uh oh.
What do I do now? I can't leave him here....
What if he's actually dead and I get arrested?

Think, Scar, Think
What should I do?

Almost automatically an idea came into my head.
I know something that might help, IF it's real.

I slithered around people as they were walking down the hall. "Excuse me." I kept saying, my heart pounding in my chest.

I finally made my way over to the place I hated the most....the library.

I mean, there are books there! A lot of books, obviously. What's wrong with books? Well, as you can tell, I hate reading.

I went over to the strict looking librarian and scratched my head.

She had ginger hair and was wearing light brown, rectangular glasses almost below her nose.
I coughed to get her attention.

"How may I help you?" She said roughly, with no emotions at all.

"Um, do you have books on....trees..?"I asked awkwardly. I didn't want to tell her that I'm actually looking for a mythical tree.

She eyed me weirdly as if to say 'you're too old to learn about trees'.
After a minute of her staring at me, she stood up.
Finally.

I noticed that she was wearing a long sleeved, white collar shirt tucked in a tight black pencil skirt.
Old woman with style. Interesting.

"This way." She instructed as she led me to a section of thin books. I wasn't surprised. I always thought that if people were to write books about trees, they would only include:

Trees give you oxygen and are made of wood. Also, many things are made from it, like paper. THE END.

No seriously I actually saw a book when I was little with similar words written on it.

"Thank you." I said politely and waited for her to go away.

"You are more than welcome." She replied and slowly went back to her 'work', meaning staring at a bunch of papers on her desk.

As soon as her back disappeared, I scurried through the allies, trying to look for a book that says something about the tree of life.

I have to hurry. I can't believe I just left Rick there.

What if someone spots him?
Oh wait, most of them are in class.

On the contrary...he did deserve it.
I tried to convince myself, although the very thought of him made me shudder.

I paced back and forth and soon spotted a book neatly tucked in at the bottom shelf.
Dragging my finger along the books, I read, Maple Trees, Poetry of Trees, Our Beautiful Earth...

I scooted closer, and pulled the book out of its shelf. There on the cover, was a green cover, with words neatly bolded.
The Tree of Life by unknown.
I opened the book with a swift of my hand, eager to find out about it. The first page started with a beautiful purple tree with purple wild flowers around it.

The skies were lavender. Everything about it seems beautiful and...well, purple. Too purple actually.
I glared at the next page as the words clearly printed across the page.

Legend tree of violet leaves,
Heals all things that set upon,
Down to Earth, where it lies,
For tis a secret for you to find,
Cannot tell, and cannot speak,
Tree is private and shall remains,
Hidden of what it may contain
After the last sentence, I slammed the book.
It didn't help since it was only like, three pages long.

As expected. Damn trees.
I'm so glad I wasn't an Earth element.
The only thing that I always wanted to do to it was burn them, not nurture them.
How does Elena do it?

Worst thing was that the book didn't even tell me what I wanted to know, and that was where the tree was located at.
Besides, I'm pretty sure it was fake.

I'm a mess.
_______________________
When you're so dangerous that you actually killed a person.
#TooFarScar

Today's Question:
Are you an Early Bird?
OR
A Night Owl?

-idontw