Chapter 45

"I told you we should've told her about the backup plan." Kai said scratching the back of his head. Umji has just been captured by the ATEEZ and Kai was taking it more calmly than V.

"I didn't expect her to take that hit for me!" V exclaimed pacing back and forth. They are currently at the Moon Palace trying to think of another plan to save their only girl.

"Well she did. What are we gonna do now?" Kai asked boredly, sitting on a chair. His chin was resting on his hands while his elbow rested on the arm rest of the chair. Kai just watched V as he worried for Umji, walking around the whole room. "Can you sit and calm down? I'm getting dizzy looking at you walk in circles."

Kai had it and stood up pushing V down on the chair beside him. "Calm down? Kai how in the moons am I gonna calm down when Umji has just been captured by Suga!"

"Then? It's just Suga—"

"What the fuck Kai? Are you hearing yourself? Umji just got captured by the bad guys and you're acting like it's nothing! What if they do something bad to her?" V stood up and yelled at Kai's emotionless face that wasn't bothered by his cousin getting mad.

"I'm not acting like it's nothing, older brother! YOU are acting like it's someting." Kai talked back making V more mad. He was about to burst once again but Kai beat him to it. "Of course I am worried for her but like you said, it is Suga! I'm confident that he won't do anything to harm her."

"Why? How sure are you that he won't when his entire family literally wants to eliminate all demigods and gods that is associated with the night!" Kai rolled his eyes at V and shook his head also starting to get annoyed by how blind the older cousin is.

"I still don't get why you're acting like this. I'm pretty sure that you're not blind and is aware of what is going between Umji and Suga. That is why you refuse to see it right? They both like each other. She likes him and he likes her. Like is an understatement too!" He was getting annoyed at the fact that V can't seem to let go of what they once had. "I know that you had something in the past but that was before—"

"We promised! I agreed to be Artemis's son so I could protect her even if it means that we were gomna be cousins or something. We promised to always have each other. We promised to never let go of each other—

"You broke that promise first!" Kai yelled frustratedly making V stop. "You love Yerin. You've always loved Yerin. That's why you immediately agreed to let Umji to that dinner in exchange for Yerin's freedom."

V blinked in confusion. He knew that Kai was right but he never really realized it. Umji was special to him but Yerin was different. From the first day he saw Yerin, he knew he already broke their promise.

"Why are you being so unfair to Umji? She never once looked at guys the same way as you until Suga came. You're keeping her from liking another guy as she watches fall in love with another girl. You're making sure she keeps her promise when you haven't? You have to let her go V. Face it! She'll never be yours forever and her affections have changed." Was it really the time for V to let go? Was it really the time for them to go separate ways?