Chapter 37

"UMJI!"

We both turned towards the voice that screamed out my name. It was V and he was zooming in towards us. I stood up and Yoongi did the same, he stood beside me looking at V with his cold and blank expression.

"What is it?" I asked looking worriedly at his panting body. Seems like he was looking for me all night but he knows I was at Yoongi's.

"I have it!" He said in between breathes. V was holding on to his knees while trying to catch his breath. This must be something urgent. But what is it does he have? "What is?" Like what I thought, Yoongi asked the same question.

"The answers!" My eyes widened in shock and gasped in disbelief. Really? How? "Well, I at least know who to ask." He added looking at both me and Yoongi. I quickly put on my shoes and Yoongi also did the same, does he know what we are talking about?

"I'm coming with you." He said and I quickly shake my head. This is something us, protectors of the night, must do and he doesn't have to. The only thing he needs to do is make sure no ship sinks or no one drowns in the ocean or something. It may be dangerous if he gets involved too!

"No. This is dangerous! We cannot risk another demigod getting attacked in front of our eyes! I cannot risk you to help us and get yourself invovled in the war of light and darkness!" I said frustratedly and tried pushing him to the water with all my strength. But he's a guy and I'm not really that strong so he didn't budge.

"Yewon! That's exactly my point! This is dangeous!" He said turning around swiftly grabbing both my arms to stop pushing him. He looked at me in the eye. "I saw one of those things when it attacked Eunha! Because of it is dangerous, I can't let you do this alone with only V and Kai by your side! There's billions of people to protect that are surrounded by darkness at night and only three of you! I can't risk it Yewon. I can't risk you." He said seriously looking at my eyes. Why is he like this? He became so caring. He became protective. Why am I like this? My heart feels like it could burst into joy. My insides are fluttering and I feel warm. "Yoongi I—"

"Hey, you two! Are you literally gonna confess feelings in front of me? Also, we have someone important to ask." V asked looking boredly at us with crossed arms. I quickly shook off Yoongi's hands from my arms and cleared my throat.

"No umm... it's uhh...— let's go." I said my face turning red from embarrassment and walked away from the port. Wait, I don't know who we are going to ask. I don't know where we're gonna go. "Uhmm... V lead the way." I said stopping and gesturing him to take the lead. Aack! So embarrassing!

•~•~•~•~•~•

We stopped walking and found ourselves in front of an old cabin. This is where descendants of Nyx, goddess of the night, stays? Wow. It's so small and creepy looking. On the way here, V told me that we were going to see someone who would likely know about the history when darkness almost reigned the entire world.

V took a deep breath and hesitated for a second before finally bringing himself up to on the door three times. The sound of gears shuffling and locks opening was heard for a full 3 seconds before the door opened and a head peaked out. A girl not far from our age, I think, with silver hair peaked with a big smile.

"Who are you?" She asked still smiling brightly with eyes twinkling in excitement. For the daughter of the night, she sure is bubbly. "Yoohyeon! We told you to scare them off!" Someone scolded inside. I glanced at Yoongi and V, they both had this confused looks on their faces.

"Oh right! Ehem... WHO ARE YOU?!" Yoohyeon, from what I heard, said this time with furrowed eyebrows, a creased forehead, eyes half closed and pouted lips from trying to make her voice low and scary. But she doesn't look scary at all! She looked more cute trying to be intimidating.

"Aish! Yoohyeon, let me do it." Someone said and in a second, Yoohyeon was pushed aside and the door opened wider revealing a guy that is effin tall! He's taller than V and looked more intimidating. His eyes could pierce into someone's soul! Damn!

"What do you want?" He asked coldly. His voice is colder than Suga and deeper than V's! What the hell?

"We have come to seek information about the darkness and shadows." V answered calmly. How can he be so calm when my knees are literally shaking in fear.

"Why? No one has seen them for the past 50 years. Why ask now?" Yoohyeon asked jumping out from behind the tall guy.

"Recent attacks has been reported. Me and my friend here have witnessed one ourselves." V explained pointing at Suga who nodded in agreement. "So? As if puny demigods such as you can do anything about it." The guy said and was about to close the door. How do we convince them? Think Yewon! Think!

"Wait! But we might." I said and took out my crest showing the glowing stone that signifies how I am a daughter of the Moon Goddess. It was a small pendant that I hung on my necklace and kept it hidden by covering it with my clothes.

"They're protectors of the night!"