Chapter 42

"Mom!" Yoongi called as we approached his mother who was talking to two different people. She turned around and smiled widely when she saw me. She was wearing a black lomg gown that were off the shoulder and just flowing down her hips. "Yewon Darling! It's great to see you again! Oh and I see you wore the ring." She said kissing my cheeks like she did the day I met her.

"Oh Suga, you remember your Aunt and Uncle. Suzy, this is my son's girlfriend, Umji! Isn't she just lovely?" Mrs. Min introduced me to the people she was jist talking to a few minutes ago. They both smiled at me warmly and nodded.

"She is! How sweet!" His 'Aunt Suzy' said smiling at me and faced Suga. "You do know how to pick! You really am a big boy now!" His Uncle said ruffling Yoongi's hair.

Yoongi frowned and looked like he wanted to complain but he couldn't since his Mom was right beside us. He just fixed his hair with annoyance and I silently giggled at him. He looks cute when he's annoyed!

We talked for what seemed like hours and Mrs. Min introduced me to different relatives of them. Is this how rich people part? It was getting pretty boring to be honest. I yawned and played with the last bits of wine remaining on my glass. "Are you bored?" Was I that obvious? "Do you want to go outside?"

I agreed and Yoongi excused ouselves to his Mom walking outside to the garden. There wasn't much people in the garden, some were just outside to smoke. We sat down on a swing near the plants and I looked up seeing the bright stars twinkling beside the moon that was shining brightly. Are V and Kai taking care of their jobs properly? Are they doing okay? Hopefully the ATEEZ won't attack again tonight.

"So Yewon." Yoongi broked the silence. It wasn't awkward, more of a peaceful and comfortable silence. "What does it feel like to sit up there in the moon?"

"I don't know. It was okay I guess." I answered honestly. When I was new to the tasks, I really enjoyed sitting on the moon seeing everything and watching everybody but as I grew older, I started realizing how big of a deal it is to be given such task and I didn't really enjoy it anymore. "Okay? How did it feel to just watch everybody?" He asked again and this time, I only shrugged. I liked watching demigods do their tasks. Each one glowing signalling hope, peace and safety for the people.

"I guess you were too worried about the ATEEZ huh?" I nodded and sighed. It was true. Everyday I imagined worst case scenarios wherein I failed to protect the moon and the night. Wherein I disappointed all Gods and demigods. "Don't you just want to stop worrying about it?" I looked at him confused. I do but the possibility of the attacks are 50% so I don't think it would be possible.

"It's pretty easy if you rule over everyone." What? "You know! You can control everyone and everyone will bow down serving you. You wouldn't have to worry about attacks as everyone will defend you." I slowly stood up feeling my heart pound against my chest. I don't know what he's trying to point out but I was not liking it.

He knelt down on one knee and held my hand. My eyes widened and I nearly gasped when I saw him take out a small black velvet box. "Yewon, I know we haven't known each other for a very long time but when I first saw you. I wanted to protect you. I couldn't stand the sight of you being sad and worried about everyrhing. Seeing you happy made my heart feel ecstatic and your smile brought me happiness too. But the burden of your responsibility was too big and it kept you from being truly happy. So it kept me from being happy too!

I want to give you everything but I know that no solid material can make you happy. It was only assurance and safety of the people that could make you happy. So still, I wanted to give that to you.

But I can only give it to you if you be my Queen.

If you do, we can rule over everything and everyone then you won't have to be bothered about anything ever again. I promise you this Yewon! I love you and I just want what's best for you. So what do you say Princess? Are you gonna be my Queen?" He opened the box and it showed a small ruby that looked like it would perfectly fit the hole that was in the ring his Mom gave me.

"Yoongi I—"

"JIJI!" A blue glowing arrow cut me off when it hit the ground. It almost hit the ruby and Yoongi's arm if he hadn't moved his hand quick enough.

"Your ex." I looked back at Yoongi who had a smirk plastered on his face as he laughed in a low voice. He then stopped suddenly looking sharply at me.

"It was V, wasn't it?"