Chapter 12

Umji's POV

"Sorry I'm late!" I said running towards the pillar where V and Kai was already. Holding my knees, I try to catch my breath before standing up straight. "Why were you late?" V asked frowning making me gulp. How in the moons am I supposed to tell him that I got detention on my 2nd day of school?

"Because— oh would you look at that." Just in time, the pillar glowed showing our tasks for this night. Saved by the bell! Thank you Mom!

"Kim Taehyung, guard the stars. Make sure that they shine and twinkle brightly." V nodded accepting his duty for this night.

"Huening Kai, guard the light. Make sure that the light reaches all the people so that the moon can see and protect them in their sleep." Kai also nodded giving off a very wide smile at his given task.

"And lastly, Kim Yewon. Stand by the moon, make sure that everything is in order and watch out for the darkness." I sighed hearing the same task. "So basically it's like yesterday?" V questioned the beam.

"Yes, basically it's like yesterday. Now off you go young demigods! And good luck!" Then the beam of light disappeared again. Aish! I really don't want this task. "You're gonna do fine Umji." V said giving me a reassuring smile. I gave him a small smile before we parted ways. I made my way up to the moon and once again, just sat on it. What am I supposed to do here if darkness doesn't attack? Watch other demigods have fun while I tortured myself thinking that I can't protect the moon?

"Why can't I guard the stars? That's more suited for me." I said and ruffled my hair in annoyance as I watched the other demigods roam the ground. As I was starting to get bored, I hummed a song.

(A/N: Imagine that she was humming to Eight by IU feat. our very lead, Suga)

I just found a music sheet in the music room and it is the exact same song I am humming to. I don't know who it belongs to so I decided to keep it to myself. It was a pretty good song and I tried it in the piano. I am still trying to try it on the guitar but the song wasn't finished fully so that's gonna be tough. I closed my eyes as I hummed but I feel something, as if someone was watching me. I slowly looked down but before I could a loud sound of glass shattering caught my attention.

I quickly jumped down landing perfectly on top of the water, can't sink remember? The shattered glass didn't sound so far from where I was sitting earlier so I just ran towards the sound. "Kai!" He was lying on the ground, in front of a house with broken windows but it wasn't the windows that caught my attention but the darkness in this place. No light were on inside the house which made sense since people were asleep but it's different. I can't explain what it feels but all I know is that something not good happened here. He's unconscious but he was still breathing. What the hell happened?