Chapter 32

"Who the heck are we meeting?" I asked annoyed and my Mom glared at me making me shut up. I have been whining like a kid since we got in the car. I came home a little bit late, like 5:30, and the first thing she did was shove a suit to my face and dragged me to my room to change. Then pushed me in the car and we drove off to somewhere that she still won't tell me. She won't even tell me who we are meeting so I kept on annoying her. Well I do have a knack for annoying people, Yewon would approve of this. Wait why the hell is she mentioned here?

"We're here Ma'am." Our driver said pulling up into a fancy looking restaurant. Mom waited until the driver got off and opened the door for us before getting out. My Mom's lazy if you haven't noticed! She was also assisted as she got out and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her drama. "Let's go? And you shall behave!" Mom warned as she locked her arms with mine walking inside. One staff assisted us to a private room that was supposedly reserved for us and opened the door slowly. Two old people  sat there, one female and one me, they're probably in their mid 40's. They both stood up as soon as they saw us and bowed, Mom and I both bowed back as respect.

"Our daughter just went to the rest room, she will be back in a second—" "Excuse me." A feminine voice said behind us. We were both blocking the doorway so that was our fault. We turned around at the voice and my eyes widened in shock to see someone familiar.

"Jung Yerin."

"Min Yoongi." We said each other's name at the same time. Mom and the other two guests looked at us shocked not expecting us to know each other. "Let's take a seat shall we?" Mom said and pulled me to sit down beside her as Yerin sat down beside her, what I assume, parents. Why are we meeting them?

"She's your daughter? She's so pretty!" Mom said pertaining to Yerin and I almost snorted at her compliment. Soon enough, the food came and we all started eating in silence, it must be comfortable for the adults but for us? It's awkward.

"Can someone explain why we're meeting at dinner?" I asked. Mom pinched the side of my leg and I displayed a fake smile, suppresing to wince in pain. She has long nails, damn!

"It's good that you asked. We want to merge businesses." Mrs. Jung said putting down her knife and fork, taking a table napkin and gracefully wiping the side of her lips that literally had no mess. "And we're here because?" I asked. "You're not gonna set us up in an arranged marriage right?" Yerin said and her Mom shushed her. But what did she say? Marriage? Hell no!

"Mom what the hell?" I mouthed and she shook her head giggling.

"Oh no dear. We're not gonna set you up in an arranged marriage." I felt like a blockage from my throat was suddenly pulled out and we both sighed in relief. I can't imagine myself marrying someone right now especially Yerin! Don't get me wrong. She's pretty but she's definitely not my type. "I don't really want to force my son to marry someone he doesn't like. I want him to choose a Queen himself."

Where's she getting at?

"Instead we are encouraging the two of you to go out on a date. You know? Get to know each other and try working things out." Yerin's Dad continued making Yerin choke on her own food and Mrs. Jung hit her arm lightly with a creased forehead. Me? Go out with Yerin? Never in my sane life would I do that!

"Mom no!" I quickly disagreed shaking my Mom's arm when she was just about to put food in her mouth. "You have been single for a long time now Yoongi! All you ever had were flings! Don't you think it's time to have a serious relationship? Try it out and she might be your Queen!" Why in the trenches does she keep saying Queen? We don't run a kingdom! Dad probably does but that's different!

"But we can't date!" Yerin complained, I nodded agreeing with what she said.

"And why not?" Mom asked her. "Because uhmm.." Yerin looked down on the table, her eyes moving left and right. Trying to come up with an excuse but nothing came out of her mouth.

"See? No harm in try—"

"I have a girlfriend." I cut Mr. Jung's word off before he could finish it and stared at him straight in the eyes. He blinked a few times in confusion as I faced my Mom.

"Oh really now?" Mom asked clearly not believing my lie and has one eyebrow raised.

"It's true." I said and glanced at Yerin as if asking her to help me out with an excuse. She got the signal and held her mother's arm. "It's true! We are schoolmates and I always see him with his girlfriend!" She reasoned out.

"And what might be the name of this girlfriend that you speak of?" Mom asked still not believing our alliby and faced Yerin.

"Uhmm...

It's...

Her name is...

Hmm.."

"IT'S UMJI!" My eyes widened at the name Yerin just blurted out and she nodded aggressively trying to convince my Mom.

"Okay, you better invite this Umji to our house for dinner the next day. If she does, I'll see if she is worthy of you but if not, you will be going out with Yerin. Do we have a deal?" Mom asked looking at me straight in the eye. What am I supposed to say? Yewon doesn't like me enough to agree as my fake girlfriend, even for a day! I can get other girls to pretend but really? Out of all name it had to be Umji aka Yewon.

"Deal.(?)"