Chapter 43

(Flashback)

"We've gotta find him!" I said worriedly looking at Kai and V. My eyes are on the brink of tears and I can't explain how I'm feeling. I'm so worried for Yoongi that I can't help building up tears. My heart is racing and my mind is panicing, making me lost at what I should do.

"Calm down Umji! We'll find and save Yoongi!" V said reassuringly placing his hands on both my shoulders. I hugged him tightly burying my face against his chest while he caressed my hair gently.

"Don't worry there's no saving that is gonna happen as no one was kidnapped." A laugh then followed from behind us. I broke away from V's grasp and looked sharply at the people behind me. They were here! They say everything! They saw what happened yet they just stood there to watch! They didn't even try helping us! They just watched as the blizzard took away Yoongi.

"How dare you say that? You just stood there watching as one of us got taken away. What kind of demigods are you?" I spat making TOP snort rolling his eyes, Chungha and Yoohyeon looked at us with worry, pity and sadness while Tzuyu looked us seriously. She was not glaring but it just looked so serious even with her forehead creased.

"Well it was not our job to save you isn't it?" TOP said making me feel more angry than earlier. "You're a coward! If you think that just because it is not your job you can ignore it when people are being assaulted right in front of your eyes!"

"Well it is not our fault that the protectors of the night failed at their job!" Yoohyeon blurted out. Surprised at her own actions she immediately covered her own mouth with wide eyes. She's right! It could be our fault for failing our task. It was my fault that I had let Yoongi be kidnapped.

"Well we at least tried! We didn't just go around playing hide and seek, creating fake images and being useless!" I spat out in anger. "Hey!" Chungha said trying to defend themselves, TOP was glaring at us and Yoohyeon blinked feeling offended while beads of tears builded up on the corners of her eyes.

"Umji!" V gasped also shocked from my outburst. I realized what I had said, guilt instantly filling up my body. I looked at Yoohyeon but she avoided my gaze and quickly wiped away a tear that rolled down her cheek. I regretted what I said but it has been told. I can't do anything about it now so might as well just try my best to find Yoongi. V and Kai looked but I shook my head and turned to find Yoongi.

"You can either be smart and let them take your friend for the night or be dumb and die trying to save someone who's not going to be harmed." I turned on my heel with a frown looking at Tzuyu. What does she mean? Does she really think that I'd let ATEEZ take Yoongi? And how can she say that they won't harm him?

"What?" I asked making TOP groan in annoyance. "Your friend doesn't need to be saved, slowpoke!" He groaned in annoyance with crossed arms.

"What do you mean?" Kai asked. Looks like we are both confused and does not have a clue of what they're trying to say.

"Do you really not know?" Chungha asked with pity obvious on the tone of her voice. "Or maybe you just haven't realized it yet because of your feelings." Feelings? What feelings? And what in the moons are they really trying to say?

"Stop beating around the bush and just tell us what you want to say!" I growled starting to feel annoyed once again. It kind of hurts my pride not knowing anything about what they're saying. It makes me feel like I'm not smart enough.

"Why are you so stupid? Just because you're blinded by some feelings—" Tzuyu shake her head extending out her arm towards TOP signalling him to stop. "I do not have those kind of feelings—"

"Oh stop playing 14!" He added. Chungha elbowed him on the stomach lightly and he just looked at her as if asking what he had dome wrong but she just narrowed her eyes at him for a second.

"Umji. We don't know why you haven't noticed, I don't know if you haven't, you won't or you can't but from the moment we saw Suga, we already knew that he wasn't a normal demigod. That's why we were confused as to why you went here just to ask info about the ATEEZ when you were with one yourself. We're not sure if he had taken Ambrosia yet but he is part of them. He is part of the darkness." Yoohyeon said in a low voice looking down to her feet.

"What kind of nonsense is this? You're lying!" If I felt angry earlier well right now I might as well be fuming with it. How can they accuse Yoongi of being an ATEEZ?! I highly doubt that he's seen one in real life. I mean, I haven't! How can he have?

"Do you think we're just talking shit about him? We're not that insane to accuse a fellow demigod of being part of the villains!" I refuse to believe what they're trying to say. I looked at V and looked at him with pleading eyes. He has been friends with Yoongi for a long time! He must know that what they're saying is not true! "I'm sorry Umji." But apparently it is.

"You knew?" My voice cracked as I felt tears roll down my cheeks. He knew all this time yet he didn't bother telling me. Is this why he wanted me to avoid Yoongi? Is this why he never told me his reason of telling me to do so? That's bullshit! He should've just told me and I would be willing to avoid Yoongi at all costs. But how can I be so damn blind to not notice it at all? He transformed right in front of my eyes when we went to his house but I still didn't realize what he truly was. I really failed my task as the guard of the moon.