Chapter 3

After hanging out at the mall with the girls, we finally decided to go home and get some rest. "Where the hell have you been Kim Yewon?" My father yelled as soon as I stepped inside the house making me jump. He was glaring at me and the strong scent of alcohol filled the air inside the house. He walked towards me wobbling, he's drunk once again. "I went out with my friends." I answered casually. Others would probably be shaking if they saw Dad in this state but I was used to it already so it doesn't bother me that much.

"You have money to go out with your friends? Yet you don't even buy me cigarettes!" He roared but I rolled mye eyes and ignored him, walking to my room. He grabbed my arm and was about to hit me with a bottle of whiskey but I immediately touched it and made it float out of his hand. With a control of my hand, I threw it outside the open window. "Didn't I tell you not to use those pesky powers on me?!"

"I didn't. I used it on the bottle." I say blankly. He had banned me from using my powers on him but I haven't even tried once. He's way too heavy and if I tried, he would just float about an inch or two from the ground for 5 minutes before I start losing consciousness.

I left him there yelling at me to buy him cigarettes and locked my room. I'm still thankful that he gave me my own room, if he didn't, I probably would've ran away. I placed down my bag on the bedside table and the octopus on my bed. I changed my clothes to something more comfortable and looked at the clock. It's already 3 pm, I'm going to bed early. Why? You'll know soon enough.

•~•~•~•~•~•

3rd Person's POV

(Beep.. Beep.. Beep..)

The sound of Umji's alarm clock started to ring. It was her daily routine, wait for the time to turn 3 pm, sleep then wake up by 11 pm. She looked by the window seeing the bright shine of the moonlight, it felt like it was calling out her name. She opened the door to her small balcony feeling the moon light twinkle on her skin.

She closed her eyes feeling the warmth of the moon and coldness of the night as her pajamas begun drowning out from the light of the moon. Umji felt her clothes slowly reflect the moon, turning into a beautiful blue and white suit with a cloth that draped from her chest to her back, emitting different shades of blue that can be seen in the night sky.

The night sky screams freedom and that is what she gets when the sun goes down, she's free at the night. Happiness filled her heart as she slowly rose from the floor of balcony until the tip of her toes couldn't feel it. Umji opened her eyes showing the stars her eyes that reflected the sky, literally.  Her eyes turned every shade of blue that you see and it twinkled brighter than the stars, it twinkled like the moon (if the moon actually twinkled).

"Umji! Down here!" Her friends called from down below, she flew down feeling the grass on her bare feet. "I want to float too!" Yerin pouted staring at Umji which made her giggle.

"I have to go to the Moon Palace today to get my errands. We'll meet up after okay?" Umji said and they nodded. They all had different errands per day, that would be training and protecting the normal people while they slept. Umji looked up at the moon that reflected a blinding light and in a second, she was at the Moon Palace. She ran up to the platform where 2 other people were standing and a pillar was in between them. Kim Taehyung and Huening Kai, sons of Artemis and Achelois. All the children of the Moon Goddesses.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" Umji bowed politely and the two boys just smiled at her before gesturing her to go to her position. She, too, stood beside them facing the pillar, forming a triangle. The center of the pillar glowed blue before emitting light, so bright that it reached the full moon above them. The Moon Palace is a roofless place where everyone can see the full view of the night sky, and the moon just above it.

"Kim Taehyung, guard the stars. Make sure that they shine and twinkle brightly." A voice said from the beam of light, V nodded accepting his duty for tonight.

"Huening Kai, guard the light. Make sure that the light reaches all the people so that the moon can see and protect them in their sleep." Kai nodded suppressing a smile. It was his favorite duty, touching the moon light.

"And lastly, Kim Yewon. Stand by the moon, make sure that everything is in order and watch out for the darkness." Umji gulped but nodded, she was nervous but she had no choice but to do it. Standing by the moon was the biggest responsibility that the Gods could give them as it means that the safety of the night falls by their hands.

"Good luck young demigods!" It said before the beam disappeared. They stepped out of the triangle and started to prepare for their duties. "Umji, be careful! I'll be near since I'm with the stars so if you ever need help, call me." V said reassuringly placing a hand on her shoulder. Umji sighed and smiled at him before they started parting ways.