Chapter 38

Another girl appeared from behind them and pointed at my crest. "Sorry for TOP's rudeness. We were only told to be hidden from everyone!" She said smiling genuinely and opened the door motioning us to come inside.

"Come. We'll tell you everything we know about them! I'm Chungha, daughter of Nyx. That is Yoohyeon earlier, daughter of Hades and TOP, my step brother." She introduced as we went inside. Unlike the outside, the inside was spacious and more welcoming. How is it possible that everything fit inside that small shed?

"TOP has invisibility powers, I can create illusions while Yoohyeon here can bring something back to life. But it's risky though, a single plant can cause a year or two of her life so a single human probably would cause her half of hers." Chungha explained as if she read my mind. Wait did she? "No I didn't. It's visible on your face." She chuckled and motioned us to sit down on the couch. We did and after a few seconds of silence, Yoohyeon suddenly popped out holding a huge book and placed it on the center table creating a loud thud. TOP stood on the corner still looking sharply at us while Chungha and Yoohyeon sat on the beanbags in front of us.

"Before we start, why don't you introduce yourselves to us first?" She asked and realizatin struck me that they don't know us yet.

"Oh right! We're so sorry! I am Umji, daughter of Selene. That is V, son of Artemis, well adopted son." I added seeing their confused faces when I mentioned how V was the son of a maiden goddess that swore to stay pure for all eternity. "And Yoo— Suga, son of Poseidon."

"There! Much better that we already know your identities. So what do you want to know about the ATEEZ?" The three of us frowned hearing what they called the darkness. "They're called ATEEZ?" Yoongi asked.

"Oh no. They're actually called Ambrosia Takers but it was too long and the abbreviation AT was too boring. So we had to come up with something to call them. AT-EEZ." Yoohyeon explained giggling at our expressions. Chungha nodded and opened the book.

As soon as it opened dust was sent out flying everywhere. "We would like to know everything please." I said politely.

"Then let's make it short but start from the beginning. It all started when a demigod was born, a descendant of Erebus, god of the dark. She was name Chaerin and as soon as she was born, Erebus left her and her mother to take care of the poor child.

Chaerin grew up without a father and her mother wasn't rich, she struggled to keep Chaerin alive. As years passed by, Chaerin's anger for her father burned. She wasn't aware about her Father being a god nor that she was a demigod.

Chaerin's mother grew weak and ill. Soon she passed away in the demigod's arms leaving her crying and alone. Still innocent about the world of Gods, she seeked revenge on her Father for leaving them to suffer.

Eros and Hecate both sensed the strong anger and desire for revenge from Chaerin. Eros tried offering different treasures to Chaerin, tempting her to side with him in all his wars, knowing how she will be determined and unstoppable in the battlefield. He even offered her a lifetime supply of ambrosia! How careless of him, to be honest. But she grew up hating on men so she rejected everything from him.

Hecate laughed on Eros's face and it was her turn to persuade the girl. Unlike Eros who offered almost everything, Hecate offered only one thing. Power against her Father. She accepted it with no hesitation and a plan formed in her mind.

Without Hecate knowing, she also accepted Eros's offer. Eros, too, wasn't aware that Chaerin had already accepted Hecate's offer first.

When Chaerin received both the God's blessings. That's when they realized what huge of a mistake they just made. Chaerin became stronger and the natural powers she inherited from Erebus became stronger and the daily dose of ambrosia made her age slower than a snail. It almost made her immortal but now that she was immune, once she stops consuming it then it would probably be the death of her. But I know tha you're aware of the Ambrosia's effects. Her powers, as if it wasn't strong enough, became stronger and it nearly made her unstoppable.

She had recruited other people promising to give them ambrosia daily and the temptation for power became strong. Soon she grew a whole army of ambrosia takers. But like every other powerful person, they too had a weakness and that was light. They resulted to attacking and recruiting at night where darkness was everywhere.

It was chaos! And the Gods knew they had to do something to stop her. So they created the Moon to give light at night. They created the Moon Goddesses and until now, the descendants of the Moon Goddesses, protected the night with the moon light. They are you, protectors of the night! Until now they seek revenge and power but no one really heard of them for the past 50 years until now. There must be a reason why they started making a move."

I don't know how I felt about that story. Chaerin was innocent and was only blinded by anger and the temptation. "Now that you know about the ATEEZ get out from our home!" TOP said and pointed the door. He nearly pulled us up from our seats and pushed us outside.

"Wait! How do you know so much about the history of the ATEEZ?" I asked holding the door before it could shut close.

"Because I, Tzuyu, is also the daughter of Erebus." A girl suddenly walked out from the shadows with a cold look. "TOP is right. You all should get away from us!" TOP looked at the other two demigod's with an I-told-you-so and I-knew-it look.

"If you aim to protect the world and night then why don't you start by protecting yourselves from one." And with that, a strong gust of wind passed us by and black smoke emerged from everywhere circling us.

"V! Yoongi!" I yelled in the darkness reaching out my hand. The wind with the shadows made it harder to look for the two. It was if I was in the middle of a blizzard. A dark blizzard too!

"Umji!" Finally my hand clasped with another. V struggled to walk through the blizzard. Wait! The darkness has a weakness! I looked up seeing a hint of the moon covered by the clouds and trees. I reached my hand up trying to summon moonlight but it was too far away and was covered by the clouds. It was nearly hopeless but I remembered something.

V and I looked at each other thinking of the same thing. There are three protectors of the night! "KAI!"

In a second, Kai appeared above us. Huening Kai, son of Achelois, had the power to teleport.  He saw the blizzard and quickly zoomed towards the moon guiding its light to shine on us. The moon light shone brightly and it chased away the darkness. But something wasn't right. The darkness was gone but so was Yoongi.