Chapter 44

(A/N: Am dumb. I thought this was chapter 43, turns out there is already a 43 so this is 44. I'm so sorry, I can't count sksks.)

"It was V, wasn't it?" He smirked. A block was forming on my throat and I didn't know what to say. He figured it out so quickly. It was supposed to be a secret that no one aside from us will ever know.

"Shut up and get away from her!" V ordered now on the ground pointing his arrow towards Yoongi in a defensive stance while Yoongi stood up from his kneel and gave off a low laugh.

"You always knew I was different. That's the only reason why you stayed friends with me in the first place, isn't it V?" His face softened with his eyes looking down guiltily and his bow slowly lost position now pointing to the ground. I looked at Yoongi and he was just staring at V with hurt and sadness in his eyes. I can't blame him for being sad about it. They were friends for a long time and you find out that your friend only stayed to spy on you. I'd be hurt too.

"Suga. It's not like that—"

"Stop the act V! What? Are you gonna say that you really did see me as a friend? And that it wasn't part of your mission or task or whatever it is? I ain't falling for that anymore!" Yoongi yelled stomping his right foot. Like before, black smoke emerged from the ground where the top formed a woman's body and the lower half was just smoke. Her eyes were red and everything was just black.

It attacked so quickly that V was caught off guard. He got distracted earlier losing his posture and he didn't have enough time to gain it back. I quickly ran towards V hoping to reach him in time. Just a few seconds before my fingertips could touch his arm, Kai appeared behind V then disappeared. They had a separate plan! This was not the one we all discussed.

My eyes widened in shock but there was no going back. Since V was gone, the shadow caught my arm instead and in a split second, I was already wrapped in smoke serving as rope in front of a smirking Yoongi.

"You're mine now." He whispered in my ear as his finger traced the side of my face. "You and your Mom will never get away with this!" I scowled making him chuckle.

"Do you expect me to say that we already have? Don't worry my Queen, we're just getting started." Yoongi leaned closer to my face his smirk not leaving his face. I growled at him and felt his finger trace nearer my lips.

"YAH!" He yelled in pain when I bit his hand hardly. I felt the iron taste of blood in my mouth and it was my turn to smirk when he glared at me holding his bleeding hand. It was not a major injury but I bet that it did hurt!

"Lock her up in the basement!" Yoongi commanded. I felt my body being lifted a few inches above the ground and we followed him to the basement of their house. It was dark! So dark! And only small light bulb gave light.

I noticed a stack of crates on the other side of the room covering a small window and jail-like bars on the other side. Yoongi opened the gate and the shadow threw me inside harshly earning a hiss from him. "Be careful with her you idiot!"

He locked the gate shoving the keys in his pockets before leaving the basement. "So stupid! They should've told me they had like a backup plan or something!" I whispered shaking my head. The sound of teeth clattering  caught my attention. I looked around and noticed someone curled up on the utmost corner of the room.

"Hello?" I said slowly walking towards the person with my guard up. The person looked up at me and my eyes widened seeing his familiar face.  "Crion!"

"Miss Umji!" He said and ran towards me. "Did they hurt you?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked still shocked to see him in the basement. Crion checked if I had any injuries but there was none.

"I'm really sorry! I should've warned you! I should've told you right away—"

"Crion, you knew right? You knew that they were the ATEEZ— I mean Darkness." I clarified when I noticed the confusion on his face mentioning the ATEEZ. He nodded. "Then how did you end up working here?"

"Poseidon." He paused. "He wanted me to keep an eye on and protect his son. He wasn't aware about Chaerin's physical appearance as he was too caught up under the sea. But I failed! I failed to protect the Young Sir. He didn't know about such things that his Mom did. He was innocent! And now, that it not the Young Sir. He's different! We need to bring him back."

Crion took out something from his pocket and showed me Yoongi's crest. He needs this crest! I looked at him seriously as I felt the rush of determination inside me. "We will bring him back!"