Chapter 26

Umji's POV

"Why did it have to be you?" I frowned and covered my ears with my hands. Yoongi has been mumbling this over and over again while we are walking through the forest. Turns out that he also noticed the rustling leaves near this area that's why he went here. "Wait, if you're the girl from the moon then that must mean that you know V?" He asked. Oh right, they're close friends!

"Why do you care?" I asked annoyed not looking at him. We're already near the area and he still keeps on bothering me. Should I just float away from him? But that would seem too rude. "What's your relationship with V?" He asked again. I rolled my eyes suddenly stopping to face him with a blank expression. "It's none of your business." I answered and he pursed his lips while staring at me.

"Just tell me!!" He whined grabbing me by my shoulders and shaking the heck out of my body. "Fine fine!" I had it! I can't believe that he gets more annoying as a second passes! I pushed away his arms and he pouted. Geez, last time I remember, he was the coldest in their little group, when did he learn to pout? It's cute though, not gonna lie. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"What if he is?" I teased crossing my arms with head high. "What? Is he really your boyfriend?" He asked in disbelief and grabbed me by the shoulders again. "Aish!" I pushed him away and continued to walk to the area. Yoongi kept on whining and calling my name while I tried my best to ignore him and walked quietly. While walking, I felt something weird. I looked around noticing the unfamiliar darkness of the forest. It's a bit chilly too! Something's not right here! "Shhh!"

"Did you just shush me?" He asked and I raised my index finger signalling him to be quiet. For once, he listened and shut up. "It's awfully dark here." I informed him and he looked around confused. "I don't see anything weird. It's usually dark in forests." He said innocently and I shake my head. It is dark in forests but this is just different!

We both snapped our heads to the bush nearby. It was shaking and rattling! Is this darkness? Am I gonna encounter one right now? "What's that?" I asked with my voice shaking. I can't hide the fact that I'm scared. I have never encountered a creature of the darkness before, Kai, Eunha and Rhea are all strong demigods yet they were laid unconscious. No clear information can be found about them making it harder for demigods to understand who or what they really are. I wouldn't know what to do!

Yoongi and I both were focused, staring at the bush. It started to rattle more and the creature behind it made my heart beat faster. "AAAHHH!" We both yelled in high pitch voices when the creature jumped out from the bush. It was a wolf! We both ran like our lives depended on it, well it does, screaming our lungs out. After almost 20 minutes of walking in that forest, we got out in less than 5 minutes out of fear. We were both panting and trying to catch our breaths, I looked at him and he raised a brow. "What?" He breathed heavily.

"You scream like a girl!"