Chapter 18

Umji's POV

Night time and like I told Kai earlier, we are gonna be talking to him. We are not gonna be given tasks today but we will still be on guard since the safety of the night is on our hands. We are at the Moon Palace and are sitting in front of Kai.

"How are you feeling?" I asked softly and he smiled at me. "I'm feeling much better now!" He answered. Nothing seems to be wrong with him so I do believe that he is fine already.

"Now tell us. What do you remember before you passed out?" V asked seriously at him and Kai looked down thinking hardly. Don't tell me that he doesn't remember? No! He has to!

"My memory is still hazy from it and I don't know which memory was real and what was not. On my sleep, I was dreaming of different things everyday of the same scenario. Different things happened in my dream but it all resulted to me knocking out unconscious. Everything was so real that I don't know what was real and what was a dream!" He explained making us sigh. It's useless then if that's the case! How would we know who did that and what happened if the demigod himself cannot remember what happened?

"Do you really not remember something? Even if it was just a little?" V asked and Kai shook his head. This is definitely hopeless! "I'm sorry! I should've been strong and fought whoever did that. Instead I got unconscious and can't even remember what happened. I'm sorry for being so weak! I'll do better next time!" Kai apologized bowing at us and I shake my head quickly grabbing him by the shoulders and pilling him to stand straight up.

"It's fine! We're just glad that you're alright." I smiled warmly and tears were on the corner of his eyes. He blames himself and he hates it when he seems so weak. But he is not! He is one of the strongest guys I know! At such a young age he is already doing his duties as a demigod. Sure he may not have a lot of experience yet but neither do us! He's still young so he has a lot to learn!

V nodded and I hugged Kai tightly. He hugged me back sobbing lightly before I broke away from the hug and wiped his tears. He's still such a baby! Gosh! "We'll find out what happened! Don't worry." V said standing beside me and ruffled Kai's hair. He immediately pushed away V's hand and fixed his hair making us laugh

"AAHH!!!" A high pitch scream was heard and it sounded like a scream of terror and agony. What in the moons? "I'm coming with you!" Kai said when V pulled out his bow.

"No! You stay here. You just woke up and you're still not perfectly fine to do tasks. I'll go! Umji, you stay by the moon and guard Kai with you. I'll take care of this!" He said then was gone the second after like dust that dispersed on air. Not again!