Chapter 31.

"Victor get your ass up man."

Smiley whispers to himself for the fiftieth time hoping Vito would wake up from his surgery.

" nigga you broke the number one rule" smiley jokes to his still body

" you told me not to die. But look at your husky ass now, Layed out and shit."

He puts his face in his hands trying to figure out how he would tell Madison and Raniyah that he got shot,mainly his mother.

He looks up from his hands to see a nurse coming in with a bag full of clear liquid.

"What the hell is that?" He asks panicky

" it's just water." The nurse said startled

" bitch you better make sure it's pure water you're giving him. If it's something it's not, I will personally look for you and kill you" Smiley replied hastily

" I assure you it's just water, Mr. Demetrius." The doctor answers coming in

" Are you his doctor or another nurse ?"

" I'm his doctor, Doctor Soprano and Victor will be okay here. Trust me he has fought this bullet through the best way he could."

" I think you should go get something to eat Mr. Demetrius and return on a full stomach."

Smiley eyes stay glued to the doctor before he turns to look at Victor's monitor.

" I'm good where I'm at. My guy needs me so Ima be right here."

Smiley couldn't leave Vito's side. Any option was possible considering them in a whole different country. If Vito died on his watch it would crush him into pieces.

The bullet went straight through his chest, not leaving any fragments for the doctors to take out. The doctor simply cleaned his wound and patched him up, all while under anesthesia.

Doctor Soprano smiled at his response. She could tell their friendship was nothing more than pure.

"Victor should be up in about two hours."

She takes one more look at them before heading out of the room.

His phone vibrating in his pocket causes him to look down and pushes it upward from out of his pocket. He stares at the screen for a while before pressing the decline button. Maria was the person on the line, she wasn't getting to Vito and she needed to talk to him.

"Mama right now isn't a good time." He groans

His hands run across his face before another tear slips from his eyes.

" This ain't right man."

He slides his finger across the screen before putting his phone to his ear. He sniffles a little before acknowledging Maria.

" wassup Mama"

" Hey baby, I'm calling to check up on you and Victor. He hasn't been answering my calls."

" Mama, V in the hospital. He got shot hours ago."

" What the hell did you just tell me ?" Maria screams through the phone

"Mama he's okay. They said the bullet went through so-

"DEMETRIUS TELL ME WHAT HOSPITAL YALL ARE AT. I'M ON MY WAY TO YOU GUYS."

Smiley shakes his head slowly before removing the phone from his ears. He sends his location to Maria and closes his phone to take a well needed nap.

"Hey Ms.Daniels are you okay?" Madison questions while walking into her room to see her packing a suitcase.