chapter 3 .

Vito pov

I walk inside the classroom and flash a smile to everyone. I watch as some of the females give small waves with some seductive looks and the guys begin muggin.

" Everyone, this is my son and today he will be our volunteer judge. You all will be going outside of the room, on to the campus and are going take pictures of five things and explain why you took it and what it symbolizes. Remember we're only taking five when you're done meeting back up here and I'll project your pictures ."

I watch as everyone including Madison heads outside. If I stare at her too long, a fuzzy feeling begins to spread inside of me.

" I want to thank you again for doing this" "but why are you doing it ?" My mom ask while writing something on the chalkboard

" their maybe a woman in your class I took a liking of," I said getting her to turn around to me

" Oh lord , who 's gotten in your head ?" She questions while dusting the chalk off her hand

" Madison"

" Your lying...Miss Harp whose oh so quiet?"

" ...yes"

"Interesting ...that is very Interesting"

I watch as she takes out her phone and begins tapping away. It only made me curious a tad bit.

"So I'll be seeing you at Veronica's baby shower ?"

"Mama why would I go to my ex's baby shower ?"

Veronica was my last girlfriend. I broke it off when I found out that she likes to fuck around with nigga's I call my homie back then. We dated throughout high school and I found out she was cheating while I was in college getting my Business degree.

"Baby it happened years ago, put it behind you, and just come. You know Veronica begged me to get you to come"

" Mama I don't care I'm not going to her baby shower... fu- forget about it"

"Okay so I apologize for trying to force you but the next got damn time you think you gonna curse at me I'll take your black ass out this world"

"Sorry mama"

I scratch my head a little before opening my mouth up again.

" Is Madison always quiet ?"

"Baby she doesn't speak to anybody but gets her work done. I don't think she even has friends ." She said while shaking her head

" mama she has a friend but I'm just saying you have to be teaching her for like what two years. You should know something about her right?"

" well, the girl is a very gentle and genuine woman. I never saw her talk no one since she got to this class. And it has been two years." She explains

Ten minutes pass by while me and my mom finish talking about stuff when I turn around to the door opening.The first person to come in is Madison. I watch as she fixes her cardigan on her shoulder and heads to the back of the class sitting down.

" Madison lemme holla at you for a minute"

She looks up at me and clears her throat before speaking.

" Look you're a nice guy but I don't want to talk about anything or with anyone. You see that I like being alone so why the hell do you keep on being persistent and wanting to talk to me?"

" Maybe because i want to get to know you.The real YOU who's hiding behind that timid little shell..."

" MAYBE BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T PROVEN YOURSELF TO MAKE ME SMILE. HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT GIVING ME SPACE THAT YOU'RE NOT GIVING ME. YOU KNOW WHAT... I DON'T KNOW YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO GET TO, SO STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" she yells