Chapter 30.

Madison POV

Alicia Keys plays through the speaker while I look for something cute to wear to the party. It started at five, making me already an hour late. I walk into my closet again scanning through the fitted clothing. I close my eyes and begin spinning around while singing a nursery rhyme.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
Catch a tiger by the toe
If he hollers let him go"

I open my eyes and look at the skirt my finger is pointing to.

" that's not so bad."

I grab the skirt from off the hanger and walk out my closet to find a shirt to wear with it. The voice of Tank fills my ears up indicating Vito's calling me.

"Yes sir" I answer sweetly

" Wassup baby girl, you at my mama's yet ?"

" no, I'm actually looking for an outfit right now."

" what are you going to wear ?" He asks moving more onto the camera

"A skirt"

" mhmmm go, head girl. Show em the legs." He yells excitedly, boosting my confidence

" booyyyy stop it ."

" hold up sweetheart. What I tell you about that boy word?" He questions before biting his lower lip

" boy, I don't know. Remind me please ."

" You so lucky I'm away. I'd have your ass bent over wid that damn skirt around your neck." He jokes

"Baby I miss you " I mumble

" I miss you too, But check it. I'm going to be home in a week. After this week you can have me all to your self." " no job is gonna keep me from my baby."

I grab the skirt off the bed and begin rolling it up to my thighs.

" babe somebody hit my car yesterday."

"SOMEBODY WHAT?!" He practically screams

"He hit my bumper but he's paying for the damages and my rental"

"IVY DO I NEED TO FLY BACK TO DETROIT?"

" babe I'm fine. It's just a little fender bender."

"Ivy I'm taking a flight back. Tell me the name of the nigga who hit you." He says calmly

" Victor calm down. It's an old ass man who hit my bumper."

"Old man James can get it, love. I told you I got you."

" no baby foreal you don't have to come home early. Finish up with work and then come back to me in one whole piece."

A smile grows across his lips before he begins speaking again.

" I miss you so much, baby. Like I can't wait to fu-

" byeeee Victor"

I cut him off with a giggle before hearing him do the same.

" Baby have a great time at the party. But I need to get ready for this meeting."

" okay baby see you later"

" love you."

"Love you too"

He hangs up and I proceed to get ready for the get-together. Grabbing my white off the shoulder top off the bed I slide it over my head, careful not to mess up my curls, next to sliding my hands through the hole.

"This is why I should have set my clothes out from last night."

I walk inside of my closet, looking for simple heels to wear. Noting else could compliment this outfit if I wanted it to. Walking out the closet, I take a few steps towards the mirror and look at my reflection.