chapter 14

A month later

"I want to have legal paternal rights to this baby girl"

Vito stands in front of the court with his fresh Armani suit on with the scent of Versace on his neck.In the back of the court his mama and the rest of his support sits and wait for the judge's response in his parental rights.

"Mr.Hernandez you do realize taking in this child is a lot of work." the judge asks

" Your Honor If I didn't think that then she wouldn't have been in my household since the day she was born.It has been a month since i've taken her in and she's brung nothing but joy in my life and into my families life.I have a stable business and a secure home for her to rest at.I've taken her to get shots and I've bought so many things for this beauty.She isn't mine but I'll be damned to let her go off into the state's custody.When I wake up the first thing I do is check on her.That's If I'm lucky enough to even get sleep.I'm up worried about her well being and having to worry if I have to give her up to someone who doesn't have anything to do with her.Your Honor I don't know if you ever experience this feeling but to watch someone grow and blossom is the best feeling.I just want to continue to watch her grow up and legally be her father."

The court room sits in silence while tears stream from their eyes.Even the judge struggle to keep a straight face.

"Mr.Robison have you had Human service sweep through your clients home yet ?"

"Yes Your Honor.He passed the test."

The judge sits at his desk looking at Vito.Questioning her decision of giving
Vito the actual rights of having the baby.

"Have you picked a name yet for this beauty?" She asked while taking off her glasses

"I was thinking Layla" he replies with a smile

A smile spreads across the judge face before banging her gavel.

"I give you legal rights to adopt this beautiful babygirl and to love her as your own."

Vito leaves from his stand and goes over to where Layla sits with the CPS folks.She grows excited as she watches her daddy get close to her.Vito couldn't wait to fill her up in his arms.He couldn't wait for her to grip unto his beard like she always does when she see's him.

"Dada misses you so much munchkin"

Everyone in the back watch from afar as the new father cooed to his little girl.He acted regular as if no one was behind him.About thirty people sat behind him. He embrace his little girl and kisses her kissable chubby cheeks.

"Ready for a bottle mama"

His whole demeanor changes around her.His angry side was something he would never show her.He watch as her gums showcase.He pulls a already made bottle from her baby bag and puts it in her mouth.

"V!" He hears

He looks up to see Veronica.A full round eight month belly.Her long black hair stand up in a ponytail while she waddle over to him.

" Congrats on your baby girl.She's a beauty.Maybe her and my daughter could play once I have her?"

Vito kept his eyes on her the whole time.Not letting a single word leave his mouth.The only word he could think in his head is mom.He wondered what could of possessed his mother to tell his business out to Veronica like he involved himself with her.Across from them stood Masdison.Her eyes watch as the irritated look on Vito face begin growing more and more.She could tell this female presence obviously wasn't wanted.She grabs her little clutch and shashay over to him and Layla.

"Congrats on legally being a dada"

Madison watch as Veronica face twist in annoyance.

"Thanks Maddy you wanna hold her for a bit?"