pneumonia

the response on the last chapter was incredible? wtf?

chapter seven

H.E.S.

"Blankets. We need blankets now."

Louis is here now, commanding everyone back and forth.

"He never told you he couldn't be in cold weather?"

"No," I say again, tapping the thermostat, wishing those damn technicians could hurry up.

"Harry it's okay, he's by the fire downstairs, right?"

"Yeah yeah, but-"

"Then stop flipping shit. This happens to Niall all the time. He's majorly prone to sickness in cold weather. He works at home during the winter and I try not to let him out of the house in general."

"All the time? Louis has he been to a doctor?"

"I...I don't think I have the authority to tell you that."

His best friend doesn't have the authority to tell me this?

"Okay, I'll ask him myself then." I say, tightening my coat around my body. I open the doors to my office and everyone stares at me, expecting an update. Though I would have one if my friends downstairs could get back to me.

"Everyone just remain calm," I say, "I'm going to check on the technicians now. Just stay warm and try to keep working. We have a deadline for the Avengers 2 and this silly incident isn't going to slow us down."

People are grabbing their outdoor wear as I pass by, making sure everything is in order. First thing is to see poor cold Niall downstairs. I step into the elevator and push the lobby button. I wish he had mentioned it even the slightest bit. All I want to do now is cuddle him until he's warm again.

The elevator door opens and I quickly exit, my eyes darting back and forth looking for him. The minute I see a huge ball of blankets in front of a blazing fire I smile in relief.

"Can I join you?" I call out. I see the big ball of blankets move and Niall soon becomes visible to me. His face is ice cold, literally pale and shaking and my heart begins to chafe at itself.

"God, I wish you had told me later," I say, crawling under the heap of blankets and i fasting the buttons on my coat, "take my coat. You're much colder than I am."

"T-thank you..."

Niall wraps himself in my coat and I cautiously wrap my arms around his shoulders. We sit there for a long period of time, the fire ablaze in front of our eyes. I feel the fire present, but the flames in my heart are burning deeper than the ones here.

He's freezing under my touch, completely ice cold and I feel horrible, because I didn't know.

"Louis tells me your prone to sickness in the winter is diagnosed?"

"S-self diagnosed." He corrects. I remember what Louis said earlier, about not being able to talk about Niall and his doctor.

"Have you been to a doctor?"

I sense him tense up and only hold him tighter. I can feel myself warming up just from being with him.

"No, I haven't been to the doctor."

"Why?"

"I don't really wanna tell you."

"Why?"

"Stop saying why."

"Why?"

Niall giggles and smacks me hard in the chest. I gasp and laugh along with him, not knowing I'm pulling him closer with every minute we spend in close proximity.