marmalade

DOUBLE UPDATE! I EXPECT COMMENTS!
like the new cover?

chapter forty-eight

N.J.H.
"Why wouldn't I have money on me you stupid fuck?" Louis chuckles, "I just hope you have money on you for when you get your ass kicked."

"Mhm, yeah okay." I laugh. I see Tiffany looking at us from the corner of my eye, but for the first time ever, I don't sense any anger. It's unsettling, but I go with it anyway.

"Gonna lose," I chuckle.

We watch the fight expectantly, as the other boys mind their own business. When Harry lands one on Zayn, knocking him to the ground, I stand and cheer, victorious. Louis gapes in disbelief as Harry pins Zayn to the ground, confirming his overall success.

"Suck it Tomlinson!" I cheer, holding my hand out, "Thirty bucks!"

Louis rolls his eyes, opening his wallet and fishing out his money. Harry looks at me peculiarly and furrows his eyebrows,

"You bet on the fight?"

"And won!" I smirk, waving the money in my hand. He rolls his eyes, laughing before helping Zayn up. Tiffany then points to me and then Louis, and then points towards the ring.

"You guys can fight if you want."

"What, we have a choice?"

Tiffany gives us a shrug, and a side smile,

"If you want."

Louis and I stare at each other in astoundment, then he smirks,

"You know, Harry and Zayn should go in."

Both our boyfriends glare at him and I laugh, knowing where he's going with this,

"Yes! I'm pretty sure Harry is gonna win again anyway."

"Zayn don't lose!" I cackle as Louis threatens him as they both enter the ring again. We had completely forgotten there were other boys there and frankly, with the guards gone, they were probably sneaking out by now.

"You know what," Tiffany walks over to us, "I want in, fifty on Zayn."

Louis' mouth drops and he laughs, pointing at me,

"You are going down!"

I laugh, but regardless, Tiffany joining in made me realize what game she was playing. But, it wasn't exactly a game per say. She can't play anymore games; she's realizing that there's no way to destroy the happiness I've restored in my life. It was a way of life that she was finally catching onto:

If you can't beat them, join them.

It's almost as if she's eager to be around us, than hate us and be mixed out of our loop. So I let it happen, smiling as the three of us cheer the two boys fighting in the ring.

Harry ended up winning six out of ten fights. With this ratio, and two people rooting for Zayn, I ended up with a lot of winnings by the end of the night. By the end of night, all the other guests had left, realizing we were too wrapped into our own thing to pay attention. I'm sure they had better things to do though. Still astounded that we ended up betting our actually money on a fight that didn't count for anything at all, Harry still managed to find a way to weasel the idea of me putting on the gloves and getting in there myself.

"No," I tell him again, pushing the gloves away with a giggle, "stop it you nut!"

He laughs, enveloping me in his grasp from behind and kissing the back of my neck,