bitch on ninth avenue

(a little on the shorter side)

recap: niall and harry fought over the fact that harry forgot he took niall's virginity and they made up last chapter; this is before they leave for new york. also, louis may or may not like zayn.

chapter fourteen

N.J.H.
Los Angeles holds a lot of memories for the four of us now, and leaving is probably the last thing on my internal check list I want to mark off as 'complete'. When Louis and I were packing earlier, I could sense his disappointment.

"I'm going to fucking miss it here," he had said as we were waiting in the lobby for the car to pull up. Harry and Zayn are taking a separate car, which disappoints the both of us.

"There's so many things that happened here for the both of us..." I had muttered.

"You being fucked, me..."

"You maybe getting back into the dating game?" He'd nodded and I'd shaken his shoulder, happy for my friend. A lobby attendant called us over and we picked up our bags, preparing to leave.

I never knew that trip to LA would be my last couple days of uninterrupted peace.

I got two days off of work before I had to return (courtesy of Harry) so I spent those two days sleeping the hours away. Frankly I was pretty exhausted from the trip itself; I barely got any sleep. The Monday I'm supposed to return to work comes by quickly and waking up the next morning is a pain for me.

A pair of black jeans (yeah the tight ones) and a nice short sleeve button down are what I wear to work today. It's my last week before I start working at home and it only seems reasonable that I start the week presentable. Louis is asleep in his room, since he gave himself a week off. i leave a note on his counter, knowing he won't even move from bed until about one in the afternoon.

As I'm driving to work, the wave of glee and overwhelming school-girl crushing returns as I wonder what is to come with a regular day of work with him. Will he kiss me? Will he even look at me? What if he feels different after the virginity abduction?

I physically shake my doubts out of my mind, not wanting to stress myself out. The turn into the studios comes up quickly and I pull in. The cold nips at my skin as I open the door and I shiver, longing for my weeks inside.

I greet all my co-workers as I walk by them in the lobby, stepping into the elevator and pressing the glowing '48' on the button panel. The door shuts and I lean against the elevator wall, my mind remembering how he pinned me against the wall and kissed me back in Los Angeles.

I breathe in and out, my thoughts becoming more intense as seconds pass. I feel myself already become antsy as the door dings before opening.

I receive more greetings as I advance to my desk, placing my things down hastily just as my anticipation to see Harry increases.

"Mr. Horan what should we do about all these deadlines?" My assistant asks as I run a hand through my hair, already feeling the stress levels rise.

"I'm taking my outdoor leave soon," I say, "So we can probably finish before this week. Tell everyone we've got to step it up if we want to be on time. I know Ha--Mr. Styles is already stressed about it already."

He nods and walks away, leaving me with an open window to visit Harry in his office. I fix my hair for the sixteenth time and straighten my button down shirt. I almost pop open the button on my jeans but I don't, because god I'm not looking to be fucked every day.