under the desk

NO ONE WON THE LAURA CHALLENGE FROM LAST CHAPTER! she wrote the paragraph about niall's grandmother ahaha. there is going to be some naughty boy hating in this chapter, because i need to lighten the mood for myself and hopefully many others. don't we need/deserve a laugh?

chapter sixteen

N.J.H

Harry is stressed out. It's no secret really; he thinks he's hiding it but when he screams at an employee so much it causes her to cry, it doesn't exactly say 'I'm relaxed'. It's only because with his job, he has a lot more deadlines than me to complete before the trailer release of 'The Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron'. I sympathize for him, because pressure on deadlines used to kill me. Then I began to manage my time and suddenly I'm done weeks before trailer day.

Which is why today I'm sitting in my desk, feet atop the wood surface, ordering my bimbo intern.

"Meg, can you go downtown to Panera?" I ask, remembering how long Zayn spends down there. I want to send her as far away as possible so I can talk to Harry without her hovering about.

"Nia--Mr. Horan," she grunts, "The commute is at least an hour away..."

"Yeah I know," I say, "Doesn't stop ya, does it?"

The look on her face reveals her thoughts of me, and it would be humorous if I gave a single shit.

"You bossing me around won't stop me from getting to Harry--"

"I don't think Harry's gonna drop everything and go save you from getting your mentor lunch so..."

Megan glares at me and I ask her to retrieve my order. She leaves in a rush and I sigh happily, stretching my back. Alone at last...

My last idea is to go visit Harry, considering the fact that he's utterly pissed off and overwhelmed. The last thing he needs is paying his attention towards me.

"Mr. Horan?"

"Yes?"

"Louis Tomlinson is on the phone."

I nod him off, picking up my work landline phone and answering it.

"Tommo, what's up?"

"Okay, so there's this annoying douchebag named Shahid that comes into my company building--"

"Lou, I'm at work now--"

"Niall I know you have time."

"Fine fine..."

It's not that I don't want to hear what he has to say, I just want to be in deep thought about my relationship with Harry.

"So, Shahid. He calls himself fucking Naughty Boy or something, and he's trying to steal my company from me. He literally storms in, with these legal papers or something, saying that he will tear Tomlinson down brick by brick if he has to. Niall I was threatened!"

"Naughty Boy?" I question, "As in, like he's calling himself a bad boy?"

"Niall I don't know or care, I just want to put an end to his confidence and actually tear him down. No one crosses paths with me, I've worked way too hard to get to where I am now."

It's true; Louis has worked himself to the point where he could be hospitalized to get what he has now. He started out as a shy little intern at Vogue, working alongside an ametur designer. I was also interning at Marvel by then, and we both had massive hopes for the field we were in.

Louis had talent back then, he really did. If it wasn't for his eye for fashion he'd probably still be a coffee boy. Same for me, but not as achieved as Louis. He shot straight to the top, his own company. Me? A working progress... maybe.