never go out of style

to silent readers: END YOUR SILENCE

chapter nineteen

N.J.H.
Family business.

"Family business my ass." I mutter angrily.

"Why are you getting so mad?" Louis asks, "You were fine just a second ago."

"No I know," I say, "I just can't help but feel a bit annoyed now I guess."

"Niall, Harry has learned his lesson when it comes to hurting you. I don't think it's what you think it is."

Louis has been trying to console me for the past hour and though his attempts are very elaborate, nothing he's saying is comforting me in any way.

"What are you up to for the day of giving thanks?" he starts up another conversation.

"Harry's family is flying in," I explain, "He was so eager for me to meet them, but now I'm not so sure if he is anymore."

"Hey don't get so glum," Louis says, wrapping his arms around me, "He won't change his mind, I know it. Just give him some time."

I nod and cradle my head in Louis' shoulder. He hugs me tighter in his arms and we lay down, getting comfortable.

"We... we don't have a lot of moments like this anymore." I say, feeling bad about not spending much time with Louis,

"But we always come back, right?"

I nod in agreement as I feel his lips press against the top of my head,

"Inseparable Niall, remember that. Inseparable."

The next morning, Louis and I wake up at the same time, around one in the afternoon. I groan, pushing myself upright and out of his embrace, stretching my arms out wide.

"Morning sunshine..." Louis croaks, his morning voice worse than it's ever been. I chuckle at the sound of him and roll to the side,

"What can we have for breakfast?" I ask as Louis picks up his phone. His eyes widen as he continues to scroll through his home screen.

"Lou, what's wrong?" I ask.

"My... he..."

He gets up immediately, picking and choosing random things out of his closet.

"Louis?" I ask again, "What's going on?"

Talking excitedly, I can barely comprehend what Louis is trying to say as he rushes around the room like a tornado.

"Niall, Ni I'll explain later, we'll go out to dinner tomorrow or something, and we'll talk about it then."

He dashes out of the house, barely pulling a decent shirt on as he leaves me alone in his house. I sulk and flail my hands around, annoyed that today I'm going to be completely alone. No Harry, no Louis, and with him being so stressed, I can't even call Zayn up and see how he is.

I pick my phone up, scrolling through the endless Twitter notifications that dare glitch up my phone, when Harry's name with thousand of heart emojis startles me.

"Harry?" I answer happily.

"Hey princess," he answers me, "I left New Jersey early this morning. I got home, and I'm on my way to Louis' now. I'll be there in like... twenty maybe?"

"Louis just left," I explain, "Some work emergency."

"Then I guess I'll be fucking you in his bed."